Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Use black plastic behind the glass

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Other Explain please

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bwhit1406

My wife woke me at 1:30 am and uttered the words that no reefer ever wants to hear "The Kitchen is flooded!" Luckily it wasn't as bad as it sounded. Before bed I started the skimmer up. I didn't have any tyraps so I used a twisty tie to secure the air hose. Lets just say that shortly after I went to bed it must have vibrated loose and fell over into the sump. This flooded my skimmer and water cascaded out of the top and into my stand. I think I had about ten gallons of water on the floor. The dog must have heard the return pump gurgling and woke up my wife. (Good Dog) No harm done soaked up the water and it looks like it didn't hurt the stand at all. In the first pic you can see my twiste tie job. In the second pic you can see my correction to that problem. I also took a pic of some hitchhiker palys and zoa that made the trip to the new tank on my live rock, my MP40 controller mounting, and my skimmer and Reefkeeper stand.

004-8.jpg
[/IMG]

001-3.jpg
[/IMG]

019.jpg
[/IMG]

001-4.jpg
[/IMG]

007-7.jpg
[/IMG]

bwhit1406

Got all my flow figured out. This is what I have Mag 5 feeding SCWD alternating between two stock returns on all the time. Mag 9 feeding SCWD alternating between sets of output heads under each pile or rocks on from 11am till 11pm. MP40 located on the center of the back wall in short pulse mode on all the time. Two Koralia 1400's one on each end controlled by Reefkeeper switching back and forth in one minute intervals on from 10am till 12pm. The flow is very random, what do you all think?

jpsika08

Sorry about your flood problem, luckily it was corrected easily.

The flow sounds great, the ones who are going to give you an ok will be your corals and fish, but as stated, it sounds like a good plan. :)

bwhit1406

Thank you Eric and Juan. Yes the way it is setup there are alot of open spaces inside the rock structure. The flow coming from under the rocks seems to be working well also. I have found that by running the second pump only during the day it makes a high and low tide in my tank. lol seriously the water level is about 3/8 different. Makes for a cool effect at night, the wave effect makes the water level slightly dip under the rim and the moonlights put on a light display. I plan on getting my ATO hooked up today and putting my BioPellet reactor online.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Sounds nice you should get some video of these effects :D

I like the open look like that vs a rock wall it seems to a depth viaually.

bwhit1406

Finally got around to hooking up my ATO and BioPellet reactors.

My Float switchs
001-6.jpg
[/IMG]

ATO Kalk Reactor
003-10.jpg
[/IMG]

BioPellet Reactor
007-9.jpg
[/IMG]

jpsika08

Great pictures, the tank is looking impressive, congrats :)

The woodwork of the tank (Canopy and Stand) is really well made :thumbup: