Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bwhit1406

Here a pic so you can see the shape better

004-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Reddog170

I would use blue contact paper on the back. This way if you change your mind later then a hair drier and a little time is all you have to do to change the color. Shaun

DBrinson

Looks nice!

Great design with the sump, and I love the "rounded" corner overflows. Can't tell from the pics, what size drains are you planning to put in? Also, have you picked out pumps, etc?

(I voted "other" on the poll, hanging some black felt behind the tank will provide a glare-free dark background and also some noise reduction :) )

bwhit1406

I plan on going as big as I can for the drains. I think the holes are 1 or 1 1/2 inch. For my returns I will have a mag 5 feeding a SCWD alternating between the two returns. I will also have a mag 9.5 feeding extra returns via a SCWD. On for 14 hours a day. I am trying to make this tank more energy efficient than my 75.

bwhit1406

I worked on the trim for my Chiller / Electronics stand. Its not complete yet, I ran out of trim. My ReefKeeper lite will be mounted to the front, and the
PC4 Modules will be mounted in the top portion. The top is removable for easy access.

006.jpg
[/IMG]

007-4.jpg
[/IMG]

bwhit1406

Finally found time to work on the stand. I got the chiller stand and the doors done this weekend. That completes the woodworking. Going to work on prepping it for stain this week, Hopefully start staining after Christmas. I picked up 40 lbs of dryrock, planning on putting it together with some acrylic rods.

002.jpg
[/IMG]

003-5.jpg
[/IMG]

bwhit1406

Thank you both! As soon as the stand is done I am going to set it up in the garage and do the plumbing. Hopefully I will be doing the swapout around the 2nd week of January

bwhit1406

Ordered the last of the Major parts I will need for this build. (Hopefully) For my lighting I am going with T5's . I will have 4 60 inch bulbs and 2 48 in bulbs. The reason for this is #1 I already have brand new 48" reflectors and ballasts and #2 these two bulbs will be in the back , so the actually tank length will be shorter due to the corner overflows. Any Thoughts? I am using the current truelumen led for my moonlighting. 5 sections of 3 bulbs. I was very impressed with them, held them over my current tank and made the corals pop.

jpsika08

You can use the 48" bulbs for dusk/dawn effect and supplemental and the 60" as main lights, just my thought.

bwhit1406

Not a bad thought. I am still toying around with what bulb combo I want to use. I will have 2 bulbs to a ballast, Controlled by my Reefkeeper lite. I want the lights to come up in three stages. My Original plan was to have some leds in there too to give a shimmer, but due to being way over budget that will have to wait. Powerhead wise I will be using a MP40 and two Koralia 1400's controlled by the reefkeeper.