Burrfish Video

Paul B

I collected this guy last year and he trippled in size.
Here he is eating some shrimp and worms.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great vid Paul - absolutely LOVE your little Burrfish - he so cute !!!
050.gif

bbe22

He eats like my fw discus, chews, spits, sucks it up again, then attacks the feeder (in my case my hand) begging for more. Awesome vid.

Paul B

Yes he was. Now he is about 4" but still cute.. He eats more than I do, today I collected a bunch more snails and fiddlers for him to snack on

Paul B

It always amazes me how these little burrfish (and porcupinefish) can just devour live fiddler crabs. Those things have a huge claw which bite really hard. But the burrfish just grab the thing and with no fear, eat the thing parctically whole.
The bites don't seem to bother them but their eyes are vulnerable. I usually break off the bog claw of the crab, the fish don't mind but I want him to keep both of his eyes

twofinhogie

Grabbed one of those porcupine fish last year by hand while it was swimming by and lossened my grip for a second and the sucker turned around and gave me a big thank you by biting a good chunk of my finger. Kinda hurt.....

Paul B

Oh yeah, they can bite, any animal that can bite through a crab, you don't want to get bit by