BUILDING A DREAM....Dream 2.0

MrReefNoob

Lovely tank and cool new build !

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Hi nanoreefing4fun,
Thanks a lot for the warm welcome and your kind words :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Nice drawings.. SketchUp?

How wide is your internal overflow? Do you know how much your hourly flow through it is?

MrReefNoob

Love the design. You might need to vent that chiller, I know mine puts out a ton of hot air.

Hi jjmoneyman,
Thanks for the kind compliment.
Thanks a lot for the pointer.
Yes, the cabinet will have the back portion of the chiller cut out for venting the air. I will also have a Profilux Humidity/Air temp sensor hooked up with fans controlling the temp and humidity within the cabinet.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
You are going ALL out for sure! I really like your attention to detail in your "Sketching" there. I mean down to the buttons on the ProfiLux are included.

This is going to be an AWESOME build!!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
One thing I'm adding in my next build that I didn't on my last one was that I'm going to make each tray/drawer slide out on heavy duty hardware. This will make getting to the back of your equipment easier. I saw this on a "Stereo" rack and it just made a lot of sense. Even if you have full access to the back it still might make some tasks easier in the future. Just an idea :)

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
With the sump. What's up with the cupholder top left. I assume filter sock? And only 1? Make sure its well below the top for those dirty sock I'm gonna flow over moments.

..........rarely am I speechless

MrReefNoob

You are going ALL out for sure! I really like your attention to detail in your "Sketching" there. I mean down to the buttons on the ProfiLux are included.

This is going to be an AWESOME build!!

Hey Al,
Thanks so much for the kind words.
I self taught myself the rendering, sketch up software :D
I really got hooked onto it and was amazed at the possibilities.
To be honest I started rendering an additional cabinet design for my first tank and then from there it went on and on, and I ended up designing Dream 2.0 :D
It definately was a very helpful tool in showing it to my wife and get additional "real estate" sanctioned from her for my 2.0 build :bouncer:
I spent a lot of time getting the renders out n detailed. But it sure paid off its dividends :pBJ:

MrReefNoob

One thing I'm adding in my next build that I didn't on my last one was that I'm going to make each tray/drawer slide out on heavy duty hardware. This will make getting to the back of your equipment easier. I saw this on a "Stereo" rack and it just made a lot of sense. Even if you have full access to the back it still might make some tasks easier in the future. Just an idea :)

Hi Al,
Yes you are absolutely right.
I have planned on installing glass shelves within the cabinet and the dosing chamber shelf will be slidable. Easier maintenance.

MrReefNoob

With the sump. What's up with the cupholder top left. I assume filter sock? And only 1? Make sure its well below the top for those dirty sock I'm gonna flow over moments.

..........rarely am I speechless

Hi dmatt88,
Thanks a lot for the pointer and yes you are right.
I just put the sock holder in the render for design's sake.
I will be using two custom made sock holders from SIAM Ocean.