Budget refractometer

DesertOrchid

I bought mine from Dr Foster and Smith for 35 dollars.... good investment and if for some reason it doesn't work they will take it back! You might also get some of the solution to calibrate it just to be sure it is spot on. They are really accurate though.

AJK

I ordered one $48.98 including shipping, free solution. Feel alot better, now I can get some accurate salinity levels, hydrometer(s) on it's way to city trash :)

Time to visit the dollar store, for pork & beans, breakfast, lunch and dinner, hmm wonder how fish food taste, Lol !!!!

Frankie

RS STAFF
I feel ya. Pork and beans are not so bad though ;)

AJK, when you see the word "budget" in this hobby it means you start a budget on your system and try to portion out income into it weekly and buy good stuff over time. That's how I do it anyhow and I always get the good stuff. Not the "cheap" stuff.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I feel ya. Pork and beans are not so bad though ;)

AJK, when you see the word "budget" in this hobby it means you start a budget on your system and try to portion out income into it weekly and buy good stuff over time. That's how I do it anyhow and I always get the good stuff. Not the "cheap" stuff.

You buy cheap stuff and you'll just have to buy a good one down the road anyway. Just keep eating pork and beans.

DesertOrchid

Good Job! Glad to hear you are getting your refractometer despite the pork and beans... .. you might make up for the extra cost not having to add so much salt.... well over time anyways.
I ordered one $48.98 including shipping, free solution. Feel alot better, now I can get some accurate salinity levels, hydrometer(s) on it's way to city trash :)

Time to visit the dollar store, for pork & beans, breakfast, lunch and dinner, hmm wonder how fish food taste, Lol !!!!

catran

There's always Ramen noodles, Vienna sausages and of course Spam! Mmmm, Spam!
Doggone, I'm hungry....gotta go...