Bryan's 120 Reef

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Nice! The appleberry is on my To Get list myself, there's a local guy with a colony the size of a basketball. For those who haven't ever seen this monti up close, here's a picture!

1308832986574-1745653536.jpeg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Came home from Florida today (work trip) and the wife bought me a little present......a new nikon 5100D DSLR!!!!

As soon as i can figure out how to work it i'll get some pics. Hopefully the LEDs won't give me too much trouble

ReefFrenzy

Bryan, Keep me posted on your camera likes and dislikes. I had a friend take these shots in my reef with a Macro lens and I am looking at a good combo for under $850 ish.

I expect to see some shots like these from your reef posted by nightfall...:woohoo:

Larry

Starry2.jpg

RedWellsoextended.jpg

RedAcan.jpg

NemCrab.jpg

Greenacan.jpg

HawkCloseup.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I sure will....got a local guy to help me figure it out. This kit was $750 and I'm told it is solid so hopefully it works!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Well it looks like my PBT has ich again.........all fish treated in QT.....tank fallow for 59 days......I introduced 1 set of frags during the fallow period (my fault). The PBT is the only one showing ich and i'm going to leave him in the tank to see if he is able to deal with it as it seems the other fish have some sort of "immunity". If he continues to get the spots (supporting the life cycle) then i will remove him permantley.

Maybe the reality of the situation is that i'm not a good reefkeeper because i'm not going to qt every single thing in the world for 6 weeks.....it just won't happen. And i'm going to continually add frags so I guess i'm not cut out for a powder blue tang.

I'm fed up with him.....can't believe he has ich after 7 days back in the tank - unreal.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yeah.....wife said no more supporting 4 tanks......hope he can fend it off. I know it isn't the right thing to do so i'm going to start the process of looking for someone who wants him but until then i'll monitor him and keep him fed well.

For Sale - Ich Magnet, inquire within.........

Choff

First Gratz on the camera, sucks about the ick.

I think I need to do some more reading about ick. Are you saying you think you introduced it back into your tank because you added frags??

There is no way I will ever qt corals either. Fish are hard enough and personally I have only been doing 2 weeks on the divers den fish I have been buying. I'm sure this will bite me in the ass someday, but then again I never wore "protection" in college and somehow managed to avoid ick :D

Sent using Tapatalk 2

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hahahaha oh college.......

But yes....Assuming i did the cupramine treatments right (I don't think i screwed that up) then ich had to be introduced via the frags. As part of the life cycle, the cysts breaks off, anchors to something (possibly the frag plug) and germanates for a while......hatches.....free swimmers hit the water column......have about 2 days to find a fish yada yada yada.

So I see the door i left open but man.........i don't think i'll ever be able to close that door.

Think I'm best just keeping fish with a better defense system.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
That's crap news Bryan, so sorry to that. I had no idea ich could be introduced to the tank via corals...makes you think!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yeah i'm just letting it go for now. "All the spots are gone" now hahaha....let's see if he can fight through it. He is eating really well and all the other fish seem to be fine - i'm just surprised at how sensitive he is to it but oh well.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Thanks BigAl, I used the one inch stickie clips that come with the mp pumps...... A little two sided Velcro and bingo! Removeable and functional. The coris is really healthy and good looking, he came from bluezoo