Bristle Worms?

DarkNeo

Hey

I have a slight Bristle worm infestation :(

Lucky none of my corals have been attacked yet thank god, but I'm Curious as to what kind of way you can get rid of these critters?

My LFS has some trap container things not sure exactly how good they are? anything else yous might recommend if yous have had similar experience with these bristle worms? Im just worried about my Corals more then anything :)

Thanks

DaveK

These are really not a problem unless they get really large.

Leave them alone unless you see them eating something you want.

Mcvivor

6 line wrasse eat them, so do some types of shrimps, also pseudochromis are known to eat them. As mentioned above they really are not a threat. Hope this info helps!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
They are a VERY beneficial part of your clean up crew. They work hard so you don't have to.

Their numbers will rise and fall in direct proportion to available food in the system. Over-feed and you'll see their numbers increase (this is again a good thing because you're over-feeding) and cut back on food their population will fall accordingly.

Bigjacko

Leave them be. As previously mentioned a great part of the CUC.

They are eating all the leftovers in your tank for you and I know my ones are working away in the sand bed.

FragFrenzy

RS Sponsor
if anyone has WAYYY too many you can send me some i am going to start a bristle worm culture tank so i can offer the little buggers commercially for reefers who need some to kick start their tanks...