Branching Hammer question.

I have a new addition to my tank. its a branching hammer with 4 heads.

Heres a background to my tank.

its an 85 gal with 2x48" T5 HO
120 lb rock, 100 lb sand
2x Modded Seaclone's
2 Korila 1's
1 Maxijet 1200
1 Korilia 3

Current Perams -
Trite - 0
TrAte - 5
Amm - 0
Ph - 8.2
Phos - 0
DKH - 12
Calc - 500
Temp 78

So ive had this lil guy for almost a week now, was introduced by drip acclimation over a 2 hr period

anyway ive noticed that every once and a while a couple of the heads will close up, not any head in particular, just seemingly random, and only 1 at a time. (max was 2)

when i came home today they were all open, and i fed the tank. i target fed them hoping to stimulate their growth (mysis and brine).

well they latched onto the shrimps and ate them, but now where i target fed there is what looks like holes in the individual polyps

did i squirt the food in a little bit too hard with the eye dropper?:smack:

or is this just the way they eat?
and is one or 2 heads closing up randomly anything to worry about?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Something may be irritating that particular head but also keep in mind that each head is an individual animal and it could be going through something (reproduction etc). I wouldn't sweat it for the first week or so. It's still getting used to it's surroundings.

i moved it off of the sand bed, its still getting the same amount of flow, if not less, and a little bit more light. so well see

well the other 2 heads have pretty much exploded in growth. but the other 2 heads are pretty much shrivelling up...and for some reason its keeps getting smaller...so wtf? lol

Tru2nr

it could be splitting or growing i know thats what my candy canes do and my frogspawn did when it was splitting. when my candy cane starts to form a new mouth like right now it recedes almost all of the way back into the skeleton looking deathly, i would keep an eye on it