Bobs Vent Thread, Stick It Wall.

lcstorc

They may give you a permit to go back and forth to work but if your job is driving I just don't know. Can you opt for driving school? At least here you can do that 3 times and the points don't count. Boring but worth it.

sambrinar

They may give you a permit to go back and forth to work but if your job is driving I just don't know. Can you opt for driving school? At least here you can do that 3 times and the points don't count. Boring but worth it.

The driving school varies state to state, here in AZ you can only do the VERY boring school once every three years. But I definately agree it is well worth it

sambrinar

We have once a year with a lifetime max of 3.
Wow, I don't think we have a max, I know it's not 3, been there done those. Lead foot, not to mention the ones I weaseled out of because my dad was a Cop. Dang Fl is strict. Beautiful state though

Intranick

well the third one means you lose your license for a while..

I dont know the specifics, I just try to avoid tickets and I know they have a lifetime of 12 months when you get one

nikkipigtails

I've been pulled over once, but I didn't get a ticket. I try to obey the rules of the road. I find myself especially cautious since I have a baby.

dianezoo

I get pulled over a lot just because my car stands out. I dont speed as much now because I know my car is a ticket machine. I got to drivers school about once every 2 years, I dont think its 3 Brenda.

chriswho

I may go to Lawton and try to see about some options, I just know that if I lose my license it's going to be a bad deal. I go to court tomorrow to contest this last ticket I got... Wish me luck. I'm hoping the cop doesn't show, but something tells me he will.

sambrinar

I get pulled over a lot just because my car stands out. I dont speed as much now because I know my car is a ticket machine. I got to drivers school about once every 2 years, I dont think its 3 Brenda.

It used to be 3 (when I was a teenie bopper), may not be now,,, Last time I went was about 5 yrs ago (not a teenie bopper)

Good luck Chris, keep us posted

BEELZEBOB

I may go to Lawton and try to see about some options, I just know that if I lose my license it's going to be a bad deal. I go to court tomorrow to contest this last ticket I got... Wish me luck. I'm hoping the cop doesn't show, but something tells me he will.

just stop dude. look both ways, stay STOPPED for atleast 3 seconds, or you'll get a ticket every time.

dianezoo

This has me wondering about fancy chrome wheels that spin when your at a stop. That could really cause an illusion to cops that the vehicle didnt come to a complete stop.
If you have to appeal to the judge your seriousness about making a living and if you are imposed severe restrictions see if they will at least grant you the ability to drive only to and from work. Also dress respectfull conservative even if its not your style. Best of luck to you!

chriswho

I went to court today, and I didn't realize that I was supposed to set a court date, not appear on the listed date. To do this I would have had to put up the 206 plus another 50 until the court date, which I would get back if I won, but I just said F it. The odds of me winning are slim to none anyways. I still have to go see about getting a work permit from the department of safety. I'm sure that will be a whole nother vent in itself.

lcstorc

I forgot all about that part. It was a long time ago. When I went the first date wasn't even a judge but a judge on video explaining your options. I probably could have won that one but it just wasn't worth the hastle since driving school was an option.
Best of luck with the other ticket. If you are driving with the suspended license (which I hope you are not) be very very careful. If you get pulled over again I'll just say it gets really bad quickly.

chriswho

Na, I don't think I'll be driving under suspension, because while I was in the courtroom waiting for my turn that would never come, there were 2 people going to jail for driving under suspension, and that is 1 place I don't want to be... Who waould take care of the fish? You think they would let me go to driving school instead of suspending my license, since I need it for work? Mine doesn't actually get suspended until the 27th.

sambrinar

Have you gone to the driving school. running a stop sign is not that big of a violation. If you haven't gone to driving school and can go, I would definately check it out. It would be worth it!!

dianezoo

My guess is if they allow you a permit just to and from work, dont be surprized if there will also be a "permit"fee involved.