Bobs Vent Thread, Stick It Wall.

BEELZEBOB

I THOUGHT THIS MAY BE FUN!

So like, somedays, everyone's goat gets gotten.

something rubs you the wrong way, you wake up on the wrong side of the bed in a cold pool of drool...

yea.

LETS VENT HERE!!!! wooo HOOOOO

sO ILL GO FIRST! :D

I really get frustrated by poeple who live in an oblivious bubble.

the ones doin 45 in the left lane and the speed limits 55

their shopping cart blocks an entire isle at the grocery store, ya know those ones.

so today, im driving to an estimate.
i got this lil ol lady driving along, stopping at all the lights on a 2 lane street. Just stopping at the light oblivious of color.

then she turns and out come a minivan. a lady, 3 kids, a movie and her cellphone. swerving, cursing, and about rear ends this dude infront of her, then misses the left turn light, preventing me from making the light.:ignore:

so i get to this lady house. 3500 sq foot 4 br. i work for a moving company. I know, for that reason that her house is going to cost more than 1K to move.

after walking around her weird smelly house (shes from like i dunno, somewhere that smell like goat cheese, has like 4 cats, and 3 of those rats people call dogs) this lady starts teilling me that shes gonna pay me $1000 to move her.

and i was like yea, for about 6 hours, we can get like 1/2 of your home there.

she the proceeds to argure through a language barrier for 25mins, determined to pay no more than $1000.:goofy: yea.

i smiled, shook her hand, and told her to call another company.

so yea. thats my 6/12/2008 vent. whos next?

rlcline76

:eek:
Well, this is where I am supposed to put my neighborhood rants, I guess.

New episodes will be coming soon...:grind:

BEELZEBOB

good, just dont get me banned hot sauce.

i have a lil mini woodstock in my head hitting me with a newspaper every time i wanna do somethin bad

kathywithbirds

Bob, I know you're ranting but i have to tell you about the lady in the minivan.

Here's a piece of her day:

Get up. If you're lucky, no kids are up yet and you can shower in peace. Let's not get into how many people see you naked if the kids are up. Good news, they don't really care. Shower, dress.

Get kids up. That's the short version.

Here's the real version: go into kid 1's room. Shake him, tell him it's time to get up. He moans. Go into kid #2's room. She is alreayd up and has torn all the toys out of their boxes looking for a specific toy she has not paid attention to in 2 years. She commences screaming that she can't find her toy and you emphatically hope it didn't go in the bag for poor people you dropped of yesterday. Tell her she has to get ready.

Kid #3: still in a crib, wakes up when you come in and needs to be changed, fed and burped. This takes about 20 minutes.

Back to kid #1: he is still in bed. Scream at him that if he is late for (high) school (again) you will revoke internet privileges. He grunts.

Kind #2 has not found said toy and is crying hysterically. She is at least trying to get dressed. She has pulled out every item of clothing she owns and is wearing a tank top and snow pants with her white Easter shoes. CHanging her takes 15 m inutes.

Kid #3 is crying. You take him out of the crib and carry him to kid #1's room. He is at least up. And in the bathroom where you and kid #2 need to be. YOu knock on door, tell him everyone is waiting for him to get out. You receive a grunt in reply.

Kid #s 2 and 3 go downstairs with you for breakfast. WHie making eggs, heating up baby food and trying to make coffee for yourself, you field 2 thrown sippy cups and answer #2's questions about why kissing her friend on the lips is not appropriate.

You yell upstairs to #1 to get out of the bathroom. He yells back that he is out, why do you have to be in his business every moment of every day. Hustle #2 up the stairs, but it's too late, she had an accident in her clothes. Cleaning her up and getting her redressed takes another 20 minutes because she has a hissy fit that she wants to wear long sleeves. It is 80 degrees out.

While cleaning and redressing #2, you simultaneously are balancing #3 and a cup of coffee. In one hand.

You yell at #1 to hurry up and get to school. The front door slams.

#3 needs to be changed again.

Finally #2 and 3 are ready to get out the door, but #2 cannot find the permission slip she suddenly remembers she had to have in today to go on her field trip. You look for 10 minutes then decide you can tell the teacher in person she has permission when you get them to school.

Finally #s 2 and 3 are in teh car, you are pulling out of the driveway after buckling both chidlren into parent-proof 5-point harnesses. The cell phone rings. It's the husband who forgot to tell you the washing machine repairman said he would be there right about then. You lose it right about then, u\yelling at husband that he should have told her last night, swerving in front of a moving truck and making #2 lose her sippy cup which lands, and breaks open, on the floor of the car. A fair amount spalshes on you.

The time is approximately 8:45 a.m.

rlcline76

Kathy,
This is why I highly suggest moms drink coffee and keep their butts off the phone while they are driving. Ain't nothing that important you can't pull over, especially if you are hauling kids. Here they don't even use car seats...makes it worse.

nikkipigtails

Wow Kathy! Sounds like this has happened a time or two before.

My rant...this happened in Lowes the other day.
I'm short, 5'2". Olivia can't sit up on her own yet so when we go into a store I have to leave her in her carseat and put it in the top of the buggy which I can barely see over. So, here I am, blindly driving around a shopping cart with a baby and a carseat in the top of it. We're walking around the plants outside and Tommy's following behind with one of those wood carts. The aisles in the plant dept are huge because they have all those giant supply things in the back. I'm walking around looking at pond stuff for our pond and this lady's standing right in front of some merchandise and her cart is right in the middle of the freaking aisle. I'm thinking, well, this aisle is pretty big so I can probably just get around her cart. (Remember, I'm driving blind.) I try to go around her and end up clipping the wheel on her cart and still can't get around her. She gives me one of those "Eat $#!* and die looks" and goes back to looking at what she was originally looking at and NO, she didn't move her cart. So, instead of causing a scene like I'm known to do when confronted with stupid people, I have to turn around, go one aisle over then walk up that aisle from the other end. Man, I was livid.

rlcline76

She gives me one of those "Eat $#!* and die looks" and goes back to looking at what she was originally looking at and NO, she didn't move her cart.

You get this reaction way too much, was her husband checking you out? I only give that look at Lowe's when I am waiting in line...waiting....waiting...waiting....

kathywithbirds

Kathy,
This is why I highly suggest moms drink coffee and keep their butts off the phone while they are driving. Ain't nothing that important you can't pull over, especially if you are hauling kids. Here they don't even use car seats...makes it worse.

Well first of all the coffee got left on teh living room table while the permisson slip got looked for... did you really think the mom was going to be able to drink her coffee? YOu know better.

And while I won't answer the cell phone in the car, most others seem to be perfectly willing to do so. Especially when it's the husband who NEVER calls from work and said mother figured it was an emergency. After all, it was the announcement that the repairman was coming, oops, forgot to tell you honey, sorry, rather than the actual talking on the phone that caused the swerving. A woman who can hold a hot cup of coffee and a baby in one and hand not burn either herself or baby AND dress a preschooler/kindergartener is PERFECTLY capable of simply talking on a phone while driving a minivan. She used to do that and drive stick shift AND eat while she was in college, you know. But the college degree didn't work out after all and she has 3 kids now..... but that's another story for another time.

nikkipigtails

I'm trying to mature a little bit. Her cart was LOADED full of crap. I've got to start thinking about setting an example...boy that makes me nervous. I got repremanded when I worked at the movie store for being rude to a customer. In my own defense, it was SO worth it and he SO had it coming.

funkpolice

I hate people that leave shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot. A couple days ago, I was in the Taco Bell drive thru, getting some Chalupas, and this lady walking from the Walmart unloaded her cart, and then just pushed it out into the parking lot. I was paying for my delicious comida when I saw this, so a stomped on the gas and came to a screeching halt about 15 ft. from her car. I didn't say anything, just got out, grabbed the cart, and pushed it the whole 50 ft. to the cart corral. She gave me a look like I was crazy. Then I gave her a look which to me meant I wasn't pleased with her lazy, white-trash, selfish actions. I gave her a thumbs up and sped away. When I first got my car I would park way in the back of lots. The second day I had my car, I got out of the record store and saw it was scratched be a shopping cart. Since that day I've been kind of a shopping cart wrangler, defender of all with nice cars, arch enemy of the inconsiderate.
bill

BEELZEBOB

yesss.

another bobthread is born :lol:

how about a roomate that doesnt do, well, anything.

ugggh. is like raising a child in a platonic relationship