Bluespots spawning

sabeypets

Well my female looks like she is ready to go again, she has widened her den at least double the diameter today. The male is NOT getting with program he still hasn't flashed once since the last time they spawned. I will take pics this next time instead of video.

bluespotjawfish

Just be careful not to disturb them - no flash. Video was easier to take than pics without disturbing them. Just do shorter clips (less than 5 minutes and less than 100megs and you can post through photobucket).

So how long has it been since the last spawn?

Oh, BTW, I'm in San Antonio and the fish store I checked out tongiht orders in Bluespot pairs!

SeahorseBT

Just be careful not to disturb them - no flash. Video was easier to take than pics without disturbing them. Just do shorter clips (less than 5 minutes and less than 100megs and you can post through photobucket).

So how long has it been since the last spawn?

Oh, BTW, I'm in San Antonio and the fish store I checked out tongiht orders in Bluespot pairs!
Really? I wish they were local to me :(

sabeypets

The male is flashing but the female is not interested yet. I have what I think is another pair, (in another system) and that male is flashing also. I have noticed that both males have darkish spots under there eyes and on their chin. Lorraine did you notice this with Mr. BJ? Anyone else have a Bluespot with darkish spots under their eyes and chin?

bluespotjawfish

Nope, BJ doesn't have any black spotting on the face. The Misses does!

Congrats on the 2nd pair! That is cool. How are you ever going to get anything done? All you are going to want to do is sit and watch your Bluespots flashing!

sabeypets

Well then, darkish patches on their face has nothing to do with being a male. The way the economy is I don't work a lot of hours right now. So I have a lot of time to set and watch them.

sabeypets

Bluespot's spawned again tonight. Male with eggs.
100_0359.JPG

img

sabeypets

Yes, They are eggs! There must be hundreds of eggs. When I size pics down It blurs then, I must be doing something wrong.

sabeypets

Yes, he just swam out of his hole, spit them out and left them. I have the eggs in a tumbler right now. So far so good.

sabeypets

Yes, a little hope. Chances of them getting through to meta. is slim to none on my first attempt. Still no fungus and they look like they are developing. I need to buy a microscope so I can know for sure.