Blue Star Leopard Wrasse

websurfer

I have read a lot on these for the past 3 months and finally went out and bought one. I did a slow acclimate for about 2 hours the fish was fine. As soon as i put it in the tank it went straight into the sand bed as i read this is what they do. I understand that the can hide for up to a week until they decide to come out. It has been about 5 days now and i still have not seen the girl come out.

My question is should i try to look in the sand bed where i seen it burrow it self or should i just continue to wait.

Thank you

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
My vote = Continue to wait. Worse case scenario it "Expired" on day one. Even then what can you do at this point? Just wait it out and hope for the best. I've had fish go into hiding and never come out before. Who knows what happened? I don't know . .

websurfer

Still nothing.

I think my anemone is stopping it from coming out. When I put the fish in the tank it swam around for 30 sec the dove down into my anemone then gave a hard push off and in the sand under it. My anemone is huge and way over the spot where I seen it go under.

Been 7 days i think i lost it

Robzilla

Still wait. When I say they are shy at first....I mean they are SHY! Could still be adjusting. I had an exquisite wrasse that stayed hidden for about a week. If you are really worrying you could lift the rock you think it is under slightly to see if he is under there.

JoeG

Ive had my share of wrasses over the years, after 7 days i would have to check and see... that's just me

Midnight

Still nothing.

I think my anemone is stopping it from coming out. When I put the fish in the tank it swam around for 30 sec the dove down into my anemone then gave a hard push off and in the sand under it. My anemone is huge and way over the spot where I seen it go under.

Been 7 days i think i lost it

I'm not sure but maybe when it hit the anemone the anemone was able to give it a good sting. Good luck and I hope he/she pops back out soon.

PIMPALA

what kind of nem?

how big is the wrasse?

any chance it could have turned into a meal?

id give it a few more days either way. ive only "lost" a couple of fish. and when i say lost... i mean they were fine one day, then gone... weeks later, moved almost every rock, and no sign of anything.

websurfer

I was told it was seabea when i bought it online. IT was all white and very small i have had it for almost 2 years now and it is green and has purple tips and is about 18 inch in diamater huge whole corner of my tank.

If i touch it is very sticky but no sting. I have a pair of clowns in it as well.

About to check under the sand and if its alive move it

The fish was about 3 inch long after getting stuck it was able to swim out and go into the sand. My wife told me about 3 days later the anemone was all closed up so im not sure if the fish came out again and was s very expesnive dinner for my nem.

websurfer

Well i had to do it and stuck my hand in the sand and that fish is very alive it scared the crap out of me. I felt him and it took off in the oposite direction of the anemone. Still under the sand but alive and away from the nem so i will leave it be for now.

WOW that was crazy my heart is still racing ...lol

websurfer

Well she came out today for about 30 sec been 12 days. Only issue is she went into the nem again then direclty back under it. Should i just leave it be or should i try to dig it up and have it move to the other side of the tank or at least away from my nem.

websurfer

YES so pumped 32 days later and she is out and swiming around and eatting of the rocks. Wow so crazy 32 days cant belive it

websurfer

Yes photos will come soon. My cam was stolen about 2 weeks ago from my car. So waiting on the insurance check to go get a new one. Looking at the t3I canon.

fish eats like a pig eats pellets brine and its fav mysis shrimp. How would i keep the pod population up in my RSM250 i do not have a refg? I still see some pods running around on the rocks i had the tank for almost 2 years with nothing else i know of eating them.