Blndbunny's 40g shallow reef

Biggles

I think rather than using electricity and other barbaric means to illicit information from spies and terrorists etc they should just make the person try to catch a fish in a marine tank........ they'll be a sobbing mess in no time :) I once tried to help a friend catch a psychopathic powder blue tang in his 12x3x3 - after 2 hours i knew we were broken when my mate said ' i'm gonna get my shottie and shoot the bastard '.
He still suffers from post traumatic powder blue syndrome to this day......

StirCrayzy

Tangs and clowns, Net + 4am is best chance at it. Gotta get em sleeping and disoriented.
Substrate sleepers like gobies need the trap.

Blndbunny

My hydra 52 was delivered today! Yay!

Earlier this week my RODI unit was delivered, so now maybe there will be less runs to the fish store, dosing pump, zeovit supplements, media reactor and Hanna checkers.

Think all my supplies are here, now hopefully Tom is able to dive soon so I can get my rock and sand and get this tank going :bump:

StirCrayzy

There's a "purified water to go " store at 15 & schoenherr that I use as a backup if clean water is needed fast. $0.30 per gallon is way cheaper than LFS.
Can't remember what area you're in.

Blndbunny

Thanks stircrayzy, I'm actually in Wayne, so 275 and I'm avenue area, but I grew up in Fraser and am up that direction regularly to see my parents. I usually get my water from fish doctors in canton, I can't remember their price per gallon but it's better then anywhere else in the area. That's also the store I usually stop into for all kinds of things, they are who I ordered this tank through, and the owner has been great about helping me out with everything. I've also purchased corals and a number of very healthy fish from them

sirrealism

I talked to Tampabay aquaculture and he will be diving this weekend. I am going to his place on monday. If you give me an idea of what sizes, shapes and colors you want on the rock I can pick it out for you and text you pics of it. PM me your number if you want me to do that. Also tell me how much your getting. I won a Raffle at a local reef show for 29g reeftogo packs from him so I am going to pick mine out or work some thing else out with him. You cant ask for a nicer guy

Biggles

I talked to Tampabay aquaculture and he will be diving this weekend. I am going to his place on monday. If you give me an idea of what sizes, shapes and colors you want on the rock I can pick it out for you and text you pics of it. PM me your number if you want me to do that.

It doesn't get any better than that Blndbunny, live rock via cell phone. Looking forward to seeing what you pick out and how you scape your shallow display with it :)

sirrealism

I am happy to do it. I got your message and I think i know just what your looking to do. I will send pics when I am there.

sirrealism

I have close to the same vision but on a grander scale. I am doing a 300g bare bottom and it will have 2 islands. this is part of the reason to go see Tampabay aquatics. I am on the edge about using his rock of starting with dry pukani rock from BRS. I have about 100LBS of dry Pukani already but i got it before I met TBA and saw his rock. I like you am worried about the unwanted hitchhikers and die off

Blndbunny

I was really tempted to go with dry rock for this build. I have had so many pests in my 16 that I was just Leary of live rock. Nothing nice in there, mollusk eating flatworms, stone crabs, Dino's, multiple types of nudis and they have been leaching phosphates. However my other tank reminds me of all of the good of good live rock. I'm just planning to bait and trap while I cycle. I'll see what I get and go from there.

Sirrealism, your planned tank sounds amazing! I wish I had space for a hug tank!

Blndbunny

And it looks like there will be more delays on my rock :cursin::( I was so excited for pictures of stuff today, and then I got an email saying that they had boat issues :(

Think I'm gonna go pout in a corner for a bit. I hate being in a holding pattern! My 16g tank isn't happy right now since we moved its location. My corals are a bit pouty since I had to change them back to my older LEDs, and the colors are no where near as pretty. It's also in a bad location for watching. I know b*%ch, b*%ch, b*%ch, I'm just feeling defeated and frustrated.

Blndbunny

That's my plan, I want it really fresh. Just feel like the universe is testing my patience on this build. The tank too far longer then expected, and now this. All the delays have been perfectly reasonable.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Fresh is definitely the way to go! :) Aren't delays and waiting your favourite thing in the hobby? I know it's the most exciting thing about setting up a reef tank :laughroll You'll be there in no time at all ;)

Blndbunny

Oh yes the waiting, I love it so :laughroll: just makes me keep searching for more tech stuff I want for this tank lol

Biggles

What no rock ! :(

Has anyone thought to let Tampabay know that this has the potential to develop into an international incident........ this is affecting people all over the bloody world. :verymad: