Blastos!

mane3215

s-t02L.JPG

s-t18L.JPG

s-t23L.JPG

s-t25L.JPG

OMG! :columbo: :columbo: :drooool:

Dude you've been holdin out on me again. I don't care about the acans, hook a brother up with some of those blastos! (still got 60 heads of the blues myself and those could tempt me to frag again!) Really,really nice stuff!

Bocaswim

:(
My LFS got a transshippment in this week with several of those rare looking blastos. Blue/green, red/green, purples, sadly the blastos did not exactly match up with the corals listed on their CITES permit, so customs would not let the shipment into the county. My question is how would a customs officer know a blasto from a mushroom?

mane3215

Bocaswim said:
:(
My LFS got a transshippment in this week with several of those rare looking blastos. Blue/green, red/green, purples, sadly the blastos did not exactly match up with the corals listed on their CITES permit, so customs would not let the shipment into the county. My question is how would a customs officer know a blasto from a mushroom?

They are very strict, and they use books, experience to tell which coral is which. They will even confiscate an order if you are supposed to get like say 40 pieces per cities permit, and 41, or 39 arrive. If it doesn't match specifically, its most likely going to be taken =(.

Bocaswim

I was really surprised to hear this. The worst part is the corals are just left there in customs to die. Or they are returned to the shipper- whenever.

mane3215

Most likely customs will kill the coral. Not intentionally, they are just morons. I cannot tell you how many stories like this I have heard with corals, rare reptiles, and even customs with other objects =(.

mps9506

Or the rock I brought back from Japan :)
I had to leave the rock with customs, I don't even know how the hell they found the rock (not the kind you cook :)) in my bag, but they saw it and made me leave it there.
Wonder if they sent it back to japan or if they just threw it out later that night?

Downset

Stop posting reef kuki pics :]
I have started picking up some japanesse from all the time i waste on there website

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Here is one of my new additions :D It is still a bit PO'd in this picture but has come out very nicely the last 2 days!

B. Wellsi
61Blastomussa_wellsi.JPG