Blastos!

mane3215

Heheh, I dont know =)....its pretty darn fresh hehe.

Jenn, I dont think they are hard to keep, I think that sometimes some just get a bit finicky. I would never let it hold you back, there are plenty of ppl that have never had a problem with them.

Jendub

I found a blasto at my lfs for $140. It is a green, maroon, and red eye and maybe about 20+ heads....is it worth the price??? I would rather spend the money on acans so I am torn...

mane3215

Tough to say, I would only spend that on a really nice blasto. I try to stay around 60-100 for blastos unless its somethign insane, then upwards of 150, and I have been known to get a bit more stupid then that as well =).

Jendub

I am almost sure it is a wellsi....I just don't know if I should buy it or wait for Chris to send me his stuff!!!!

mane3215

Let your gut lead you, like I said, if its a really nice morph be all over it. Dont just buy it becaue 20 heads is a lot =). I have gotten really nice blastos for 80 with 10-15 heads that were just gourgeous morphs!

Bocaswim

More blasto

Here are a few of mine.

Attachments

• blasto web46.jpg
    blasto web46.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 162
  • blasto web14.jpg
    blasto web14.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 158
  • Blastos web.jpg
    Blastos web.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 161

Bocaswim

New Addition

I just picked this fellow up this weekend. I think it has some nice potential.

Attachments

• Blastos web29.jpg
    Blastos web29.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 159

AJinNY

Thanks for bumping this Travis....one of my favorite topics.

Im determined....Im going to get my blastos!!!

mane3215

Dot think I posted this one yet:

redgoldblasto.sized.jpg

This one will be insane when its a colony in 2025! I think I like this one better then my solid lavender one. Infact, the few polyps of solid lavender I have deeloped baby blue like streaks...its insane =).

pinkblasto102704.sized.jpg

Bocaswim

growth

For those of you keeping both Acans and Blastos, how would you compare the growth rate. I have seen merletti grow rather quickly and my wellsi have several new baby polyps starting, but I only have one small acan frag so I cannot really say much for comparison. I have been spot feeding a meaty diet and cyclopeeze as others have suggested. This is what the above colony looked like about a week after I received it.

Attachments

• blasto 011.jpg
    blasto 011.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Bocaswim

today

And another look at it today. It has been in my system for three months.

Attachments

• Blastos 037.jpg
    Blastos 037.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 145

Bocaswim

Thanks Craig-Although it is difficult to say if the changes are from growth or just better health. The polyps have really fattened up and the colors have become much brighter overall. I have also started to see an new batch of baby polys forming around the edge of the colony. I have found that they prefer a decent amount of flow similar to sps. Now I just need to figure out how to frag them :)

UnderWaterParadise

my name is Rob and I'm a Zooaholic
Boca, a Dremel with cutting wheel works great to frag blastos. Just cut it between the polyps and you won't even cut any flesh. I love the color on that one. I would love a frag if you do decide to frag it.