Blade's 80 Gallon System Re-Setup. (50 Gallon Cube).

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Bake pan, found it in my landlord's tool shed, I think its his mother's! I'm not sure what it resembles. :)

IMG_20121006_162154.jpg

Haha

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Now that i look at it again, it'd make a nice drain pan for oil changes on the truck... As long as it is, it'd catch that bit that always seems to run backwards down the bottom of the oil pan.

BLADEYAMAHA

Naw man, have not bought a Mag 7 yet actually, tank is great except for all the dang Aiptasia, my Berghia Nudibranches didn't survive I don't believe, and so I will have to get more of them and get another Copper Band Butter Fly Fish. So no progress with the Aips, but the Aqua C EV-120 I got from you is beauty. Thanks again man. :) How are you and your tank?

BLADEYAMAHA

Too scared to hook up the external pump I have to the Aqua C, I think the external pump I have is way too big for the job. LOL

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Brandon any chance someone local has a high output hand-held laser you can borrow/rent?

I use one for another pest in the tank and it works GREAT (and it's FUN)

Aiptasia Laser Kill - YouTube[video=youtube_share;Cbk7mA5PuAQ]http://youtu.be/Cbk7mA5PuAQ[/video]

BLADEYAMAHA

Yeah, I want to buy one to play with but I would be wasting my time, there are literally thousands now Big Al. LOOK! LOL

IMG_20121023_162814.jpg

IMG_20121023_162820.jpg

IMG_20121023_162850.jpg

IMG_20121023_162917.jpg

IMG_20121023_162923.jpg

IMG_20121001_183349.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Holy Cow Brandon! I didn't know it was THAT bad!

It would take some time and "dedication" but it's worth the effort IMHO. I had literally thousands of "Purple Clove Polyps" and I was able to get rid of them in about 3 weeks off and on. I don't currently have the laser in my possession (went in 1/2 with a local guy) and I have a couple hundred popping up again so I need to get back on it pretty soon.

Good luck and hopefully your 2-pronged approach will knock em out quickly.

BLADEYAMAHA

Yeah, I made that with the inventors help but going with the Berghias, there are just too many to work with, and the Copper Band Butterfly Fish. LOL Too much work! Too much mess!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
The ones around the fringe do get "PO'd" but in an hour you can't tell anything about them so long as you don't "Hit Em" directly.

It's a blast too. I've popped balloons at 40' and done a lot of cool things with it. I did an experiment where I was on one mountain (friends front porch) and another friend was on his front porch several miles away. We determined exactly where his house was by flashing a spot-light. I think completely illuminated his house with the laser beam. It was wild to say the least.

BLADEYAMAHA

I played with a Red military one before, oh nevermind it was green, I pointed it at a 2006 Ford head light reflector and it was like the coolest disco ball ever! LOL Way cool, it reached something like 50 miles.

Willie McDaries

The ones around the fringe do get "PO'd" but in an hour you can't tell anything about them so long as you don't "Hit Em" directly.

It's a blast too. I've popped balloons at 40' and done a lot of cool things with it. I did an experiment where I was on one mountain (friends front porch) and another friend was on his front porch several miles away. We determined exactly where his house was by flashing a spot-light. I think completely illuminated his house with the laser beam. It was wild to say the least.

yea,zoas are tough,they usually bounce back shortly after their pouting spell....way cool with the laser,I remember you talking about that in another thread a while back about lighting up a friends house a few miles away :LOL:

not only do I have a few aips,my tank is being taken over by blue clove polyps too,I need to do something fast to get those back under control and the laser trick is looking like the most fun way to do it :lol: