Blade's 80 Gallon System Re-Setup. (50 Gallon Cube).

BLADEYAMAHA

You gotta understand, I have as many Blue LEDs and Purple LEDs as White LEDs, so its a 33.3333%-33.3333%-33.3333% Mix.

BLADEYAMAHA

Having to put off the CB fish till next month now, My Dana 71 rear end on my Cummins dually did not get repair properly by a mechanic that worked on it by the PO, so I had to spend a little less than 600 bones on my braking system and wheel bearings, I got NOS Timken bearings and I'm putting Royal Purple Synthetic Grease in em to keep from doing this again EVER!

AJ REEF

Sorry to hear about the repairs on the dodge. You might be interested in using a silver scat to knock down those aptasia. I have used them with great success . But they are a temporary fix, they grow fast, and may get a taste for zoas when you run out of aptasia. You could get one, let it do it's work over a few months, then add peppermint shrimp to keep the aptasia in check. I hear they do good on small aptasia. A silver scat is cheaper than a copperband, and much hardier. You can find them in the freshwater section as they are brackish water fish, and can tolerate either full fresh or full marine water. Don't pay extra for a silver scat that is "conditioned" for saltwater, they adapt very easily.

HTH

AJ REEF

If you decide to get a scat, be sure it is a silver scat, not a green or red, though they look similar silvers seem to be to only aptasia mowers.

BLADEYAMAHA

Well, very GOOD NEW$ FOLK$! I had bought two Berghia Nudibranches, they were late so I did not pay for shipping, I introduced them into my tank, worried I did not acclimate them well enough and thought my Clowns had ate them as well, cause they disappeared for three months, yes, count them, THREE FREAKIN' MONTHS! Then today, I found some, poked around more and counted over 60 of them, well, looks like I have a hatchery on my hands and plenty of Aiptasia to go around for them too. If you don't know, Berghia Nudibraches eat aiptasia, that's right they eradicate aiptasia, like pitbulls for little kids. So, 60 @ 17 a piece comes to a grand total value of $1,020.00 Pretty impressive huh????????????? :D

BLADEYAMAHA

I suppose being lax about the aiptasia situation paid off. :D

IMG_20130121_133818_zps5269c8f4.jpg

IMG_20130121_133824_zpsf60758df.jpg

IMG_20130121_133831_zpse30aba96.jpg

IMG_20130121_133840_zps5937ea01.jpg

IMG_20130121_133849_zps7680c134.jpg

IMG_20130121_133859_zpsdd6360bc.jpg

IMG_20130121_133914_zps3e80ade5.jpg

IMG_20130121_133942_zps832e6b6d.jpg

I'm in the money now!!!!

BLADEYAMAHA

I don't know, they just took off, must have just got to laying eggs or the survival rate of the egg laying just increased. :D

orieng

I am also having a huge aipstasia population in my tank and was at wits end about what to do after trying different solutions etc. Nudibrancnhes are hard to get in India and in the end I introduced a Copperband Butterfly about 10 days back. Luckily for me it appears that my aipstasia are receding fast and from the aipstasia carpets I can hardly see a few on my rocks. I hope that my fish eat away all those remaining pests. You can try a copperband butterfly and see what it does..