Billyr98's Crazy Big 375g Reef Tank

WOW! Can't wait to see this one. Definitely need lots o' pics. Karma to you for going to pick it up yourself. May you and the tank arrive back safely!

stilgore

Wow, that is one big project. My current project (96x24x30) has been a wild ride.

Are you going to have a seperate fishroom or will everything be under the tank?

Good luck!!

Stil

billyr98

well bad news.. i am home with no tank :(

2 things... i went there with a buddy to help get the tank out... and he had NO PEOPLE there to help him!! 1200lbs and no one!!

I also went there and the tank had two pieces of glass for the front show tank, very tacky.. and never told to me!

So I lost money on the airfare, and truck rental..

So money lost for an experience, i won't forget...

Let me know if anyone sees a large glass tank for sale in my area..

This stinks and its time for bed!

boozeman

noooooooooooooooooo!!!

I want to see a monster tank !!!
sorry to hear about your experience billy...Im always looking at large tanks, if I come across something in that size I will let you know :thumbup:

billyr98

here is pics of my day!

DSC_0193-1.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

this fork lift he had, was rated for maybe 1000lbs.. i said no way, i think the tank would have crashed!! so i walked away...

I also think the forks were 24" and the tank was 30"??!?!??! OH well!

panmanmatt

That Sucks!!!! Sorry it was a wasted trip. I'll keep an eye open for anything in that size range for you.

rebekwl

What a bummer. :( Hope you find what your looking for soon. Have you tried looking on Craig's List? I have bought a ton of stuff on there!!

stilgore

WOW, that really sucks man!! However, you did the right thing walking away despite how hard I am sure it was.

The 300 that I bought used has a leak!! I now have to try to carefully remove all the woodwork around the tank and make an order for a new one.

I guess we live and learn

Good luck finding another tank.

Stil

Frankie

RS STAFF
Bummer man!
People have nerve. I can't believe he didn't say it was split in the middle. I bet that was the main turn off for you. Help could have been found i'm sure to move it but two panes on the front! What an ass......
Karma to you efforts Billy!

lcstorc

Oh no!
That really stinks. Glad you walked away since it wasn't what you wanted. I have never heard of 2 pieces of glass on a display. I wonder why they did it that way. Specially if it was Starfire glass. You pay extra for the better glass but then have a seam in it? That seems very odd to me.
You will find your dream tank. It is just going to take a while longer.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
At least you avoided a pig in a poke, Karma for the disappointment, but youll be better off in the long run. Steve