Been away from the hobby in the great white north of Alaska!

Frankb1

Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself...my name is Frank and I have lived in Wasilla Alaska for 3 years, originally from Pittsburgh Pa.
I'm wanting to get back into the hobby and I'm looking for a good AIO to simplify things. The Red Sea Max S-line looks very interesting, but being in Alaska, the shipping will be $$$ Lol. So I'll probably be limited to what I can find in Anchorage as far as the tank itself goes.
Anyone else here live in Alaska?

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Living there, you are going to be extremely limited on what you can get ahold of, or be prepaird to pay as much or more for shipping than the item costs for darn near anything. Fish especially wont make the trip.

Frankb1

Yeah hear you, we are treated like we live in a different country as far as getting things shipped here!
Shipping can be free from California to New York, but as soon as you say Alaska......uh yeah that will be another few hundred for shipping! LOL....

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
well, shipping to alaska requires crossing international borders to get there, or large amounts of jet fuel to go around. LOL they treat alaska almost like its in a different country.

BLADEYAMAHA

agcwelcome29.gif

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...ay-post-pics-photobucket-nanoreefing4fun.html

Wolffman64

Welcome to RS!!

So, what are you going to put into the tank? Penguins, ice cubes, beavers? :yup:

Seriously, excuse my ignorance, but are there LFS up there?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi Frank :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary!
I hope you find a way to get the tank you want.
RSM tanks are beautiful & worth moving somewhere else for :D
Best Wishes, be sure to let us know what you find :biker