Avoid Aquacon.com at ALL cost!!

tinman4944

:verymad: I placed an order with Aquacon.com approximately 4 months ago. They didn't even contact me that my order would be shipped for over a week, and then when it did arrive, it was missing the 2 most expensive items. Once I contacted them by e-mail it took a couple days for them to respond back, and they said they would send out replacements. That was 4 months ago and a thousand headaches later!! I gave them about a 2 months to take care of it themselves. Once I got really involved they said they weren't going to have what I'd paid for available. I made new selections and they said they'd send it right out. That was a few weeks ago. I started contacting almost daily and they'd say it would ship the next day, or even the same day. It never has. As of now, they haven't answered a phone call from me, or an e-mail in approximately 2 weeks. I guess they know my number and just won't answer anymore. I figure they have no intention of making good on the order and are just going to keep my money. DON'T BUY FROM THEM IT HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!! Even if the deal looks good, STAY AWAY!!:banghead:

mps9506

I have to say they have a notoriously bad rep on the online community already regarding customer service. I have never planned on spending a dime there. Plenty of other places that go outta their way to make sure the customer is happy that are just as inexpensive as aquacon.

waucedah_joe

Re: Avoid Aquacon.com at ALL cost!!-agreed

I also had a bad experience with them. I placed an order for over $100 just after Christmas. Before they shipped I called to cancel the order and was told that there would be no problem. Well they did cancel the order in that it was never shipped, but also charged my credit card for the entire ammount. After 10's of emails and phone messages were never responded to, I did contact the BBB. Not much satisfaction there. The Con didn't respond to their inquires either so they closed the case. I was able to get my money back after about 6 months by disputing the charge through my credit card company. The name whould have been a tipoff.

Just curious, how many posts should a person have before they can warn other reefers of an unscrupulous vendor? Wish I'd read something like that before I placed my order.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM

Just curious, how many posts should a person have before they can warn other reefers of an unscrupulous vendor? Wish I'd read something like that before I placed my order.

I don't have any opinion of Aquacon; they seem a bit shady to me and I have never done business with them.

But from time to time I do see people who go to all the reef sites, and start new accounts just to post one post about a vendor. Some guy did this to one of the more reputable sponsors of RS a few weeks ago.

I am just saying that I do not find such people credible. Now everyone else who has been here a while, yes I pay attention. But if there is just one post, not so much. Like I said, saw this done to a very credible sponsor recently.

Unfortunately Aquacon does not seem to fall into that category

bhazard

I've had mixed results with them.

I did get a few very nice pieces for the price, and some not so nice.

The "Blue Devils Hand Leather" I received was most likely dyed, and was bleach white upon opening the box. After almost 3 weeks now, it still has not gotten its color. It is probably on its way out, and has shrunk a bit. A favia piece hasnt looked so hot either, same with a frag of blue zoos....but the torch/acan/frogspawn/duncan/chili I got are awesome.

They forgot to ship a crab, but credited me on it. It seems that one person is the entire customer service dept.

Unless they get a nice piece in exclusively, I prob will try other vendors.

seafansar

I also had a bad experience with them. I placed an order for over $100 just after Christmas. Before they shipped I called to cancel the order and was told that there would be no problem. Well they did cancel the order in that it was never shipped, but also charged my credit card for the entire ammount. After 10's of emails and phone messages were never responded to, I did contact the BBB. Not much satisfaction there. The Con didn't respond to their inquires either so they closed the case. I was able to get my money back after about 6 months by disputing the charge through my credit card company. The name whould have been a tipoff.

I've contacted the BBB about a different vendor and nothing happened also. I wish there was more we could do! It seems like if the vendor ignores the BBB then the problem just goes away after a certain time period. There should be a better way to get to these bad vendors.

bllfish

They have been ripping off people for years. I thought they had gone out of business. Hard to believe they are still around.
Good luck getting a refund.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

....But if there is just one post, not so much. Like I said, saw this done to a very credible sponsor recently....

Ditto. That one you're talking about finally turned around for the best. :)

I have ordered from them twice without problems. Everything was well packaged and survived. However both times after ordering I noticed a jellyfish in my tank. Kinda wierd.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I have heard plenty of bad about this vendor, it is amazing they are still in business.

As stated above there are to many reputable vendors that will stand on their heads for you to deal with a vendor that has 50/50 reputation.

Do your reaseach on the vendors and avoid headachs like this.

Eric

wm23oh

When using PayPal at any websight other than Ebay call PayPal FIRST to see if your transaction is covered by their guarantees! Paypal does NOT give refunds on many vendors websights. I found this out the hard way after being cheated by a jerk on another web-sight.

James

bhazard

I ordered from them before. They do have some nice pieces at good prices, but so do other vendors. Customer service is lacking. I probably will never use them again, there are much better vendors online.