ausreefs 130

ausreef

thanks guy's,yes the scolys are one of my favourites,together with the tubastrea,the coral that stands out in real life is the blue xenia
the tanks been set up for a couple of years now,it was originally a brood tank for the clowns and sort of grew from there,unfortunately being a breeding pair they dont take kindly to tankmates so they have it to themselvs
it a RSM 130 with mods but standard appearance;
130D surface skimmer
stevie T media rack
tunze 9002 skimmer with steviT cup
tunze osmolater
ehiem compact 600 return pumps
vortech MP10 circulation pump
halea 250 chiller with eheim compact 1000 pump
maglev high output lighting fans

plans for the future include LED supplimentary lighting on the front hood flap

Mischko

Actually, we should all hate them aussies here! They only have to skinny dip and pick up Scolys of their choice. Buggers!

Just joking here, dude! I was told why they are so expensive here Germany and prolly even more in the US. For Germany it is like it doesn't really pay off to get in a boat and go diving to collect them, for us here it is more of a logistic problem hence the price.

Oh, and nice tank and the three times I was spending my holidays in Australia, respect to ya folks! I got a slight taste of the way down under and I love it! They Sydney Aquarium is nice, not only for Jackie Chan doing a movie there.
Makes me wonder here of those morons having 'billabong' on their street wear.
Anyways, no wukkas, nice tank and I hate you for them Scolys ;-)

ausreef

im in the sydney western suburbs
ironically most of our scollys(and acans and rics) are exported straight from the collector to the US and its sometimes hard to get so called "ultra" pieces",the ones i have are a bit more commonly available and from left to right were,$130,$130 and $150 (the aussie dollar is almost on par with the USD)
AFAIK the only place you can skinny dip and pick them up is the northern territory,but a collector was taken by a croc a couple of years back so its not without risk

Mischko

You got to be kidding?! Then the Scoly are just slightly cheaper than over here in Germany! I could have bet they would be signicantly cheaper over in Australia since you have them more or less in front of your doors there. Interesting. Thanks for the info.

scottb721

hey ya aus
scott from nelson bay here.
Gonna be playing air force soccer at the end of oct hopefully @ raaf Richmond. My 130 is only a week old and would love to check out your setup if possible.
Cheers

scottb721

Hi Aus
Just on my last post. I'll be staying at Richmond the last week of Oct and Randwick the first week of Nov.
Hope to hear from you.
Regards
Scott