Not open for further replies.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
August's contest theme will be
"Coolest HitchHiker"

scarycrab.jpg

If you've got em let us see em :)

Show us your favorite (most colorful, most scary, cutest) HitchHiker in your tank.

Winner will receive a gift from John and the whole gang at Reef Cleaners - Clean Up Crews and Macroalgae .

This month's prize will be:

a Saltwater and a Reef Master Test kit from API (combined value of $50)
donated by Reef Cleaners - Clean Up Crews and Macroalgae

Please review the entry regulations below and have fun!!
Rules:
  • 1) ONE photo per contestant
  • 2) No heavily photoshopped photos are allowed. The photos should be as raw/normal/untouched as possible. Minimal editing such as cropping, brightness/contrast adjustments, and resizing are acceptable.
  • 3) Photo subject matter must be from the member's tank (or household tank).
  • 4) Photos that have previously won any other contest are not allowed
  • 5) Past winners will be ineligible from entering future contests for a period of two (2) months - let's give others a chance to win
  • 6) Photos MUST be submitted to this thread (the one you're reading in now) by by midnight (EST) June 30th.

Sorry, no moderators allowed to participate in this contest.

Post your submission to this thread. A voting poll for all eligible submitted photos will be available after the upload deadline date.

NOTE: Post your photos into this thread.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Here's my "Nuclear Holocaust" (as ID'd in the ID forum here :D )
Started with 2 tiny ones, Now multiplying pretty fast & getting BIGGER. Hope this is a good thing :fingerx: & that they don't mess with my Acans
null_zps2c115fbe.png
[/IMG]

Ok people lets see what you got for FREE as a hitchhiker :pBJ:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
This month's prize will be:

a Saltwater and a Reef Master Test kit from API (combined value of $50)
donated by Reef Cleaners - Clean Up Crews and Macroalgae

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I know i'm not eligble but that doesn't mean i can't post this mean sucker!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
well he was in my tank for 8 months just peachy........until I caught him out of the corner of my eye. 5 minutes of the glass being in there with the lights off and he slide right down!

ChrissyGil

My coolest hitchhiker was my long spine urchin, Spike. He came on the bottom of my lobo when he was the size of a quarter. He is now larger than a softball!

ReefingFun

This lovely green crab was hiding in one of the few pieces of LR I put into my tank. It's still alive and kicking, though you barely see it :( It's about the 1cm large.

StirCrayzy

Well crabs ARE the most common HH .
I don't know how long ago this guy got into the tank, I think I added my last new rock in 05. I found around 07ish about the size of a dime and by 2010ish he' was about quarter size. Haven't seen in for a few yrs now, so I'm not sure whether he's still in there or not...
But talk about COOL, heres his favorite loungin spot !
IMG_1563-1.jpg

brunosm3179

Status
Not open for further replies.