One - New Gen 14k Coral Light
Three - Super Blue
One - Fiji Purple
One - New Gen 14k Coral Light

Other

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I've heard (I have no first hand experience of this) that the Aquablue Specials tend to wash out the color of coral when viewing. I have one AquaBlue special in my set up right now and for that reason when I change my bulbs I am going to replace it with an ATI Coral Plus.

dustinc

I would go 4 blue+ and 2 purple plus. It gives it a crisp blue light and colors look great. You won't be disappointed.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I use 2 aqua blue specials and I like it. I tried more blue + and thought the tank looked way too blue. It's all a matter of personal taste. I've never used KZ bulbs so I can't give an opinion there.

Tokalosh

After much deliberation and reading I'm going to go with the following setup.

ATI

One - ATI Purple Plus
Three - ATI Blue Plus
One - ATI 12000K Aquablue Special
One - Coral Plus

I don't want the tank to look to blue but I'd like the corals to pop with color.

ATI T5 Purple Plus Lighting Tube

The Purple Plus combines the properties of a full-spectrum tube with strong red and blue components, producing a tube with excellent color rendition that works very well to bring out pinks, purples and reds in an aquarium.
Recommended in combination with at least two or more other T5 tubes, like the ATI Blue Plus and ATI Aquablue Special.
Not recommended as a stand-alone bulb. (Similar to KZ Fiji Purple).

ATI T5 Blue Plus Lighting Tubes

The Blue Plus tube combines the properties of a blue tube (approximately 460nm) with an actinic bulb (approximately 420nm), producing an intense blue light with high PAR numbers and a light spectrum that encourages both bluing in SPS corals and fluorescence in capable corals.
Also helps balance a washedout/ yellow-hued tank.
Recommended as a supplement to metal halides or in combination with ATI Aquablue Special, ATI Purple Plus, or other full spectrum T5 tubes.
Can also be used for dawn/dusk applications. (Similar to KZ Super Blue).

ATI T5 Aqua Blue Special Lighting Tubes

The Aquablue Special tube combines the properties of a full-spectrum tube with an elevated blue color peak producing a tube with an approximate color temperature of 15000k (Kelvin).
Recommended as a stand-alone tube or in combination with ATI Blue Plus, ATI Purple Plus, ATI Actinic, or other supplemental T5 tubes.

New Coral Plus T5

The ATI Coral Plus is the first new T5 lamp to come out in a really long time. The Coral Plus lamp from ATI was made to be a white lamp with a blueish look while still retaining some peaks of red and green to keep a respectable amount of PAR. In ATI’s own word the Coral Plus T5 is designed to be a basic standalone bulb which can stimulate ample coral growth on its own without having to be supplemented. It seems like every reefer and their mother is jumping on the LED train these days but let’s not forget that fluorescent lighting technology is still pretty darn efficient and it emits wavelengths of light including UV which are prohibitively expensive to get with LEDs

Comments welcome

Tok

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I have been really happy with my ATI bulbs, am nearing ordering them again - let us know how you like them ! I plan to pick up one or more of the new Coral Plus T5 bulbs too :dance:

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Sounds like a good plan. I'm also nearing the time to order new bulbs. I know I am definitely going with at least one of the Coral Plus bulbs as well, they sound like a really good addition to the lineup and will really help the reds pop.