Ashr's RSM 130 tank

Ashr

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with everything but my bleached OB.. :(. Also added about 2000+ pods to help feed my goby. I did get him eating frozen food a little too. But he is still pretty skinny. I really need to add a HOB refug.. I'll keep feeding him by hand as much as I can to fatten him up.

Ashr

Thanks again guys! Im looking for a good website to ship corals and fish to canada now. i also am looking at a new clam. :) 70.00 bucks tho..

Ashr

Thanks Tom. I will check out those links.

On another thought..

Im really torren between this new red sea max 250 I can get for 1500 with a chiller and 60 pounds of dry rock,40 pounds live sand.

I do have to drive about 4-5 hours to pick it up. I may have to rent a truck if I cannot barrow one.. or drive my car and ship it back to my home town. Either way its about 200.00+ So Im at 1700.00.

Now if I am gonna spend 1700.00 why wouldnt I get a 70g tank,sump,skimmer and good lights. Can I do this for around 1700? Im really stuck on this.. I do love the way the RSM looks and all in 1 is great.. I hate ugly square tanks.. im sure you know what I mean.

Any help on this would really help me out with this!!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Andrew - is the tank in Canada, or will you have customs to deal with?

Keep in mind that to ship it via a freight carrier would require that it be packed really well, since they typically ship from Red Sea in Texas on a sturdy wooden skid, and the stand isn't put together - everything shrink wrapped on the skid to keep it from moving around in a freight truck. Plus the additional equipment, rock, etc. would have to be packed separately I would think? Then insure it in case it gets cracked in shipping. We recently had a 250 crack and the shipping from Red Sea for the 250 replacement tank alone was at $200, so it might be more than that with the stand, etc.

It seems like picking it up yourself might be a better idea, if you can secure it well.

Just my thoughts - I'm not trying to talk you out of it as it is a great deal.

Ashr

It is still in Canada. It is located in Vancouver and Im in kelowna, about 4 hours east.

Do you think I could build a better set up with about 1500.00 etc? Lol so torn.. thanks for the comments tho

Last edited:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
OK on being in Canada - one less worry about dealing with customs! I'm not really sure what you could put together for 1500. The RSM 250 is a really pretty tank - hard to beat the looks. I really hate to tell you what to do.

Ashr

hahah I think I will be doing it.. Ill make it work!! so I think it will be well worth all the hardwork it will take!!

Ashr

So I got my mandarin goby eating frozen food my my eye dropper :) Hope he fattens up lol

So Im not sure I will go with the red sea max 250. I see soo many people upgrade everything I dont know if its worth it. Maybe I just need to build my tank piece by piece and get the good stuff to start.. I dunno lol
decisions decisions

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
congrats on getting the mandarin goby eating frozen :dance:

Run my RSM 250 stock with success, no reason you can't, if you want too
045.gif

tnwillia

Great news on the Mandrain, you still need to have/feed pods as that is his main food. Good luck on the 250 upgrade. +1^ with Glenn run it stock and see how it goes, my LFS has a stock 250 tank they put up the day they sold me mine running completely stock for over 2 years. I mod & upgrade cause it was my learning tank and I love to change things, not because it needed it. Good luck & have fun with it!