Aquarium silicone sealant

JJB103

This is an old thread, but will any of these silicones be strong enough to replace the bottom glass on my 150 gallon?

jerry26

Yes. The silicone isnt really a structural part of a typical aquarium.. Without the silicone, the frame would still hold the glass in place.

im not familiar with the construction of rimless so i cant say theyll work on those.

I also didnt reread this thread.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

JJB103

Yes. The silicone isnt really a structural part of a typical aquarium.. Without the silicone, the frame would still hold the glass in place.

im not familiar with the construction of rimless so i cant say theyll work on those.

I also didnt reread this thread.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome thank you. Mine does have a frame.

Creekview

Home Depot has Loctite clear silicone that says aquarium safe on the label. Have used it for years. About $5 a tube.

Saltwater Sarge

I agree with nanoreef, the Loctite works just fine and will hold through normal circumstances.
This is my first choice for silicone, as I can get it at the ACE down the street.

But I've had good results from RTV108 also. Aquarium-safe and reliable.

JJB103

I use that silicone for my sump baffles but I would need about 10 of those to do my 150 haha. I wish they sold it in bigger tubes for a caulking gun.