Anyone need anything made out of pyrex?

BigJay

That looks great! I really love those ponies. Obviously I have an affinity to glass but they are really cool.

lablady

Goodmorning BigJay,

I am interested in the dropper that would be the perfect size to feed my corals.
I have a 90 gal. How much for the dropper and shipping to 48446? Let me know thanks.
Lablady

Great Worl BigJay as soon as I figure out what I want... I am ordering something.

Could you do something like the glass in and out let pipes on ADA tanks?

BigJay

Goodmorning BigJay,

I am interested in the dropper that would be the perfect size to feed my corals.
I have a 90 gal. How much for the dropper and shipping to 48446? Let me know thanks.
Lablady

Droppers are $10. Shipping is $4.80 to anywhere in the continental U.S. Thats the min shipping charge by USPS :( . If your interested send me a PM and let me know the length you want it.

Lynn's asked me to do a turkey baster size one. I'm gonna try to get on that tommorrow and will let you all know how it works out.

mothergoose

BigJay,
Just wanted you to know I'm lovin my dropper. The fish go after it as soon as it hits the water and the sun coral is finally getting it's fill. The best part is that my hands never get wet!!!!
Thanks again,

BigJay

Not Found
The requested URL /forums/uploa...1152009860.jpg was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

bad link.

Btw my contractor's license renewal are up in 2 weeks which means I had/have to do 16 hours of continuing education by the 30th. I also had surgery on Thursday and now the hurricane isn't going to help.On top of that the new 90 gallon tank. I haven't been in the studio at all for at least 10 days. I jump on the forum during my smoke breaks.
Lynn I bought a couple basters to try different bulbs. I have one that I think will work excellent but I just got to get myself in there. Please bear with me.
Snelly if you can track me down a pic I'll see what I can do. But I am not going to be able to get on anything for at least another 3 or 4 days.

lcstorc

No rush, just send me a PM when you are ready. I definitely want a dropper so send me payment info when you can.

BigJay

sorry for the delay. I had surgery done on my shoulder 10 days ago. It didn't go so well. I was suppose to be down only a couple days but its not looking good. I have to make myself a new dropper too. The one I have isn't long enough for my new tank. When you work glass in a torch you basically have to hold both arms straight out in front of you and keep the glass rotating at all times well with my shoulder I can't hold my hand up.
If I can't get it done in the next couple days I am gonna have my partner make them. Sorry for the delay I strive to be reliable but it just seems lately if it isn't one thing its another. My partner has been working on a series of glass sculptures based on the ocean.. I gotta get some pics up for you guys. He's such an incredible artist.
Lynn I'll shoot you a PM as soon as I have something. I still have to make Al's balls :laughroll .

BigJay

allright I hit the studio and was able to make a few droppers tonight. As long as I can get a supply of bulbs I'll take orders again. Just PM me what length your looking for and I'll let you know as soon as its ready.
The droppers are $10 plus $4.80 shipping, I can ship up to 3 droppers for the $4.80 shipping. If you want a stirrer with any dropper order I'll do them for $1.50. Just a reminder I'll take frags in trade and pay the difference if its something I'm looking for. If your reputable board member I'll even send the droppers out for future frags (ie you have something I want but its not quite ready to send out) I just ask that you cover shipping in that situation.
I can do the droppers up to 24" 's. If your needing something longer please PM me and we'll discuss it.
Been working on a baster for Lynn and I think I finally found the tubing thats perfect for it. Once Lynn gets her baster and has time to review it and give it a thumbs up I'll offer them for sale.
One of the reef ball styles I made seems to make a killer pod farm. Its going out to Al tommorrow for his review. Once he gets back to me on its function I might offer them for sale. I put it in my tank with chaeto. Pulled the chaeto out after 2 days and the glass was litterally crawling with pods.
Thanks for the interest and patience everyone. Much love to the RS family!

BigJay

yeah Nate. I am actually going to be doing some experimenting this week with something very similar. One problem is the dropper tops I was getting are no longer available so I had to switch to a different bulb. Plus side is they seal unbelievable to the droppers which is great but they are really small in volume. So Lynn and Al got a set each to demo just waiting for the feedback.
I made myself a 30" dropper for my tank and I have a small baster type bulb that came off one of my daughter's medicine droppers. Problem is I can't find them anywhere. I currently have about $70.00 in medicine droppers I have bought form every store in my town and the only ones that work well are the small bulbs and the one single mini baster dropper top I have.
I do need to answer some questions about the droppers. The 9 mm droppers are not big enough for mysis. I use mine for feeding frozen , liquid feed and brine of which it works great. I suck up small pieces of frozen to feed to the fish and I suck large chunks on to the ends to feed to the inverts. Honestly I'd be lost without one. Even if your not using one of mine you should be using something. I know I never have food floating around my tank or getting down into my filter. The nice thing about the pyrex is it should last forever, suffering no effects from the salt water , dishwasher or microwave for that matter. Unless you dropped it, it should last a lifetime.
I will be doing several different style tests this week. One for a baster replacement and the second a slightly larger 12 or 15mm dropper that can be used for mysis. Once I have a couple demo's ready I'll be sending those to staff members to try out. I personally don't feed mysis so I need someone who does demo it. This is just something fun for me so I definetly don't want to have anything out there that doesn't meet expectations.

i could demo it:) i use mysis. and i would like one of those things that a could cover my cheto that way a tang couldn't eat all of it at once/ for pods made out of glass

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I can't wait to get mine bro! I spot feed all the time. Everything from large "chunks" of meaty foods (Ever seen what's in Rod's Food Mix?) to micro feed for the corals. I'll be sure to use and report back ASAP!!

Hope you're feeling better each and every day.

Allen :)