Any Idea What Type of Algae This Is?

Berk

I posted this over in the algae thread but haven't gotten any response so I figured I would see if the RSM crew had any ideas. I have this purple fuzzy algae growing all over some of my live rock. From what I have read it sounds like turf algae but its not red. Any ideas what it may be and how to get rid of it. I tried scraping it but the stuff doesn't come off.

Here are some pictures:

DSC_0121-1.jpg

DSC_0129-3.jpg

imaccat

+1^ on the 'Patience' link above. My Turbos are starting to get a hold on my GHA and only been in a week.

Berk

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I will be making a trip to the LFS to pick up a couple of Mexican Turbos.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
You are welcome :)

Check out this link & pics ! Make sure you get the Mexican ones...

Saltwater aquarium snails and shelled animals

Mexican Turbo Snails
(Turbo fluctuosa)

Mexico. Very popular among reef aquarium hobbyists. Gram for Gram, Mexican Turbo Grazer's clean more nuisance algae than any other snail. They do a great job on ridding a tank of hair algae and other nuisance algaes off of both the live rock and aquarium glass. These snails are referred to as grazers because of their voracious appetites for several types of micro algae found in the home aquarium. Pure work horses, the Mexican Turbo's radula, or tongue, of the snail has a rasp like texture. When pulled across a surface, this rasp pulls the algae loose for a quick snack. Also known as the Turban or Top Shell Snail, Turbo fluctuosa has a thick turban-shaped shell with an irridescent interior.