Any fellow RSM Owners recommend this RO/DI unit?

I bought the 5 Stage Plus from Bulk Reef Supply and I love it! I can't believe how easy it was! And I got it when it was on sale for $165 so all is good!

No more visits to the LFS for water!~

Acanman how often do you change filter? I make about 10 gal a week.

Also I don't have the permanent set up so evertime I use it I just hook it up to my bar sink. When I'm done and pit the unit away I get water dripping out of black tube. The blue doesn't drip and I have the valve connected to the red one. Do you have this problem? What do you recommend?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Acanman

I have it permanently connected and mounted above laundry sink. The included TDI and pressure monitors are still reading zero and above 70 respectively and the color is still white in the cannisters so no change of filters yet. I avg 10-15 gal per week.
The black tube puts put the dirty water. I snake that tube into drain as far as it can go. You could connect a simple valve to the end of black tube and turn it off. It will work like a cap.

jeffrey

I have used the exact RO/DI from the beginning, the Digital Dual Inline TDS Meter is a nice feature to help monitor the performance of the filters.

jimv

I bought the four stage a few weeks ago. I tested my water going into the unit and it is about 235 tds, coming out of the ro unit it is 4 tds and then coming out of the di unit it is zero. The only thing I have noticed its the di resin is changing color faster then I would have expected. I have only made about 60 gallons of water and two inches of resin has already turned brown.
Is that normal for the amount of usage?

Last edited:

jeffrey

I bought the four stage a few weeks ago. I tested my water going into the unit and it is about 235 tds, coming out of the ro unit its 4 tds and then coming out of the di unit it its zero. The only thing i have noticed its the di resin its changing color faster then i would have expected. I have only made about 60 gallons of water and two inches of resin has already turned brown.
Its that normal for the amount of usage?

I do weekly water changes and make about 20 gallons of RO/DI water each week. In the eight or so months that I've been using it I have changed the resin twice. The resin will change color but all you have to be concerned with is that the reading continues to read 0.00 on the output.

Happy Reefing !

jimv

I do weekly water changes and make about 20 gallons of RO/DI water each week. In the eight or so months that I've been using it I have changed the resin twice. The resin will change color but all you have to be concerned with is that the reading continues to read 0.00 on the output.

Happy Reefing !

Ok, so I just change it out once the TDS reading changes not necessarily the color of the resin. Sorry about the spelling, my smart phone likes to change my words:)

dburkart

I have been using the exact system for about 9 months and couldn't be more pleased. Until the TDS reads above 0 on the output you don't not need to change the resin. I make about 25 gals a week. Beats chasing down to the LFS for water changes.

Dave

salty23

I recently purchased a RSM250 and thats the exact same RODI unit I purchased from BRS as well. I agree on how easy the install is, it came with everything needed and works great!