Anemone In 3 GL Pico Reef

jpsika08

Space, lights and water conditions would be a problem in such small quarters IMHO.
Others with more Anemone experience will jump in.

Welcome to RS :)

Dnahrgang

Thank you for the welcoming, well it's cuz I'm starting a new tank, I also have 30 gls, But now I'll be purchasing a pico reef tank of 3GL what are the minimun requirements in order to have one of this guys?

Your going to want VERY stable conditions. Light is very important too but with such a small tank, even a 70 watt MH will be too much light and probably bleach the anemone. Your also going to want temperature very stable and thats very hard in small tanks, and the biggest problem is that most anemones grow very big. You will be able to keep nothing else in the tank and you will be putting a lot of work into such a small tank. I wouldnt reccomend it. Best of luck

Dnahrgang

Hey Bro that link is amazing, and I just realize nothing could be on my 3GL Pico Reef, But I could be able to introduce one on the 30 GL one

DaveK

While I wouldn't recommend a typical anemone in 3 gal tank. you could keep zoas or mushrooms. Both are a type of anemone. They are a lot tougher also, and just about ideal for a small system.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Also you need to read closer and see none of those list "Easy/Beginner" as a care level. In addition to that they are well known to be VERY mobile until THEY are happy and will tend to sting/kill any other coral they come across while trying to get happy.

I couldnt imagine a maxi mini carpet anemone would need more than a few gallons of stable perfect water. They only get like 6inches

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I couldnt imagine a maxi mini carpet anemone would need more than a few gallons of stable perfect water. They only get like 6inches

That's part of the problem.. it's hard... VERY hard to have stable and/or perfect water in just a few gallons.