Andy's RSM250

kyley

Hey Andy, a late welcome to the Red Sea Max Owner's forum! :) Good luck with your new RSM 250! Take care,
--Kyle

Cassette87

Brief Update:

•Added 50lbs of live aragonite, seems like i could use another 10-20lbs, which kinda stinks since I'm eager to aquascape.

•Found that my protein skimmer pump impeller was broken, the blade portion separated from the magnet... result? no bubbles! Picked up some super glue and will fix tonight.

•Figuring out the water level that's appropriate for the tank... for those of you running vortechs, where do you keep your water level?

Cassette87

Update:

•Aquascaped today! Will post a picture asap! Have a good amount of LR left over.. anyone local to me who's interested, I'll give a good deal!

•Started up the chiller... Seems the RSM runs pretty hot, even with JUST the pumps going... I have a feeling my chiller (1/10th HP) will be on double duty.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Shon - I think the litter of kittens was dropped off at Walmart as a way of ensuring someone would do something with them. Not quite as heartless as it may seem.

Cassette87

Here it is folks! tell me what you think! Could have more LR, but I don't want another "mountian wall" aquascape

IMG_0423.jpg

GregT

I like the two rock islands and lots of open floor space!

Welcome Andy to the RSM250, and ditto on the islands.
Looking at my tank thinking i haven't re-aquascaped for a while and liking the two rock island look.

Look forward to following along
cheers
Greg

kyley

Hey Andy,
Rock scape looks great! Everyone will have different opinions on rock scapes. Form vs function kind of thing... I think a lot of rock is good for better filtration. I also want a lot of spaces to mount corals and get SPS high up to the light. Creating caves / swim-throughs for the fish and other critters is good too and provides secure places for them if they feel threatened by other inhabitants.

One thing you could consider (and it may not look as nice) is a rock bridge between the two islands? If you want it more as a fish tank though (and don't plan to fill it with corals), then your setup is perfect! :) Take care,
--Kyle

Cassette87

Hey Kyle!

I did consider making a bridge, and still may. On the right mound, I made more of a flat shelf area for my SPS, and on the left I intend to mount zoanthids and other softies as it sits, there's about 120 pounds of rock in there. I love coral, and coral will be the focus of my tank, however I'm going to shoot for aesthetics versus heavy stocking this time around :)