almost everything is dead!!!!!!!!!

naperenterprise

did you figure out what caused it?
My vote is oil leak from the pump.
Did you remove the pump? Does it have any oil smell to it? Can you see or feel oil on the outside of the pump?

If it was electricity, you would feel it when you touched the water, did the pump blow a power circuit?

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
this really "smells" of a spawning event, do you have a fuge? and what do you have in it?

Varga

I have some softies,a big featherduster, some LR, LS, and a bunch of cheato in the fuge

the pump, which I took out, is a beckett corp model W3500

Frankie

RS STAFF
"This pump design features a water lubricated ceramic bearing and shaft for long lasting service. However, the rotor assembly is susceptible to
failure if sand or extra fine grit is being pumped"
I have no doubt this pump contains some kind of metal of some type. Even the bearings could be ceramic coated that wore off over time. Here is a pdf of it and a pdf of the spec's. you might want to contact the manufacturer and ask them. this pump was plainly designed for fresh water only.
http://www.888beckett.com/images/commerce/429.pdf
http://www.888beckett.com/images/commerce/380.pdf

Varga

Thanks Frankie, pump has been removed

no improvements, water is a bit cloudy now

I hung a sheet infront of he tank so I dont have to look at it

Frankie

RS STAFF
:cry1: I don't cry but thats the saddest thing i ever read here. Take that sheet off and handle it dude! We all screw up in this hobby at times. Shoot, i had to "Put Down" all my fish in NY when my dog got hit by a car. I had them all in a storage container and they contracted ich terribly. There was no medicating them it was so bad and i had to freeze every last one. Plus my dog was dieing in the hospital. Stuff happens bro and we learn and move forward. Hang in there buddy!

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
water is a bit cloudy now = massinve bacterial explosion = all dead soon due to ammonia, if you don't get them out. And in rare cases you will not even measure any ammoina, as it is a bacterial toxin.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks Frankie, pump has been removed

no improvements, water is a bit cloudy now

I hung a sheet infront of he tank so I dont have to look at it

Man that's tough to hear bro!! So sorry!! Maybe we can all learn from this once we KNOW what has happened.

Hang in there and we'll all get you through it. I have some frags in my frag tank and if you want/need any of them they are YOURS! I'll get them to you once your tank is "Back to normal".

:)

Varga

WOW thanks Allen

You guys/gals really are the most supportive people I have ever known :)

goldenmean

Varga
Boomer was warning you about what is going on with your cloudy water.
water is a bit cloudy now = massinve bacterial explosion = all dead soon due to ammonia, if you don't get them out. And in rare cases you will not even measure any ammoina, as it is a bacterial toxin.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM

Boomer, is this explosion cause or effect? and how would one go about removal?

Varga

sorry I missed boomer's warning.

so remove all fish right now? I'd have to get all the rock out, make new water in the sump. the fish are perfectly fine but if thats what I have to do...

goldenmean

That is the way I read Boomers post.
I thought he was saying to remove the fish.

You could try to pm Boomer. It looks like he may be still online.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
its a bit cryptic but fish or bacteria to be removed? I suppose the bacteria will do its thing, I feel for ya Varga, you have a tough nite ahead

Varga

I know this really sucks I'm going to wrap this tank up and start building the new one. got a really good deal on the glass today :)