alage turf scrubber

carnavor

total water volume 120gal to 300gal,size 16w x 12h x 30L $330 includes shipping to lower 48, this is the alternative to protein skimming, much more efficient.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• rfef med 1.JPG
    rfef med 1.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 132
  • rfef med 2.JPG
    rfef med 2.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 134
  • mature ats.JPG
    mature ats.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 127
  • mature ats dump bucket.JPG
    mature ats dump bucket.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited by a moderator:

Witfull

wow, havent seen one in yrs. nice design. are you running UV post scrubbing to avoid spores?

Frankie

RS STAFF
Very nice design. The price is pretty darn good to. I found my coast to coast overflow acts like a turf scrubber. I am actually thinking about adding a screen to it so i can harvest the algae growth.

Trev

definetly need to run a UV after this, i ran a very small ATS for about 6 months, worked great! my only beef with it is if your not cleaning with carbon also the water gets a yellow tinge to it. wich isnt exactly attractive when it comes to reefin. BUT there are lots an lots of good reading on ATS systems and they do have alot of pro's and some minor cons( like yellow water, problem solved if you run through a tiny bit of carbon).

wish i could afford one bro!!
those things are effin sweet! very very professional, great job.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
The ATS works by growing beneficial algae which is an excellent nutrient (nitrate and phosphate) exporter. It's like a really long flat refugium all grown up. It's a shallow bed of algae with water passed over it to export nutrients and some people swear by them. Never had one just read about them myself.

JoJo

its been a while since this threads had a post.

does anyone know any links where i can read more about these?

Frankie

RS STAFF
What he built there is one of the most efficient ATS i have yet to see. The surface area is very nice.
You don't want that noisy stink bomb JoJo! Your also talking big maintenance. The screens have to be striped off every so often of macro algae before it go's sexual. Some will argue that but the types of algae that will flourish in there are not controllable. Stick with skimmers buddy ;) If you are really interested though, Google GARF and see what you can come up with. I remember they were very into ATS in the past.

JoJo

Thanks Frankie. i will be skimming regardless if i use it or not. i'm not trying to do something as elaborate as that, but something like Greg has in his system & he says it made a big difference in his tank. he posted a pic of it on the last page of my chronicle