Acquired some old acrylic ??'s

cracker

Ok so the ref and return are 12 by 15 by 10". Today I glued the bulkheads/walls. Will add the baffles tomorrow . I'm not happy with" how" I applied the weldon 16. It will be sturdy but hope is not going to leak!

cracker

So I'm waiting the 24 hours to leak test.

I'm not sure if the walls will be enough for bracing.. It feels very sturdy but I will fill it it and measure again to see if side want to bulge out.
Wait a minute it has been 24 hours! I glued the last panels about this time last night!
\Man, I'm making more work for myself!

cracker

Ok so the leak test didn't go so well. The entire sump is not leaking but the panel between the skimmer section and ref is ! :crying:

MatroxD

That's common until you get really good with acrylic. And even then, you may have a small leak here or there. Acrylic is beautiful, but can be frustrating at first. But, just go over your seam that is leaking. Maybe even go over the whole thing again after that to be honest.. It's better to have it more than thick enough and bonded well on all of your seams..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

cracker

Thanks Matrox, My cuts weren't so square after all. I did go over everything again with a heavy bead. This is my 1st attempt with this large of a build using acrylic so I have to remember the learning curve. I get to to another water test tomorrow afternoon. We shall see!

cracker

2 small leaks at the very top .These are well beyond the high water line . I want to seal these off as well. So I'm running a blower fan in there to dry out over night. Also the walls and baffles were enough for support. At completely full there was no bulging at all. I don't think I will need to add any bracing along the top.

Frankie

RS STAFF
You could always run a thin stripe across just for security. I would definitely make it seemed at the top it could pry open overtime.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

cracker

Hello Frankie ! I did miss a little at the very top seems. I'll go over it "all " again tomorrow. My mistake was trying to get the very last solvent out of the tube. It was getting difficult to squeeze the last bit out.I had a full one right there.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hello :)
I hear you! When building these things glue becomes gold!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

cracker

Ok Frankie I see what You were saying now I can add a brace on top once I'm sure it won't conflict with the skimmer. Also I will need a brace or such for a light over the reg section if I want. I could use a brace/sock holder something . I'm going to wait and see how it all comes together. I'm in no hurry,the 75 is cycling away. I finally see a little rise in nitrates/ NO3 . So I'm just sitting back and taking my time.