Acanthastrea Lordhowensis II

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice pictures everyone. I caught "Acan Fever" about 3 weeks ago and have added 4. Thank goodness I've run out of room for more - they can put a strain on my wallet! But, these things are awesome!

AcanGarden.jpg

2acans.jpg

GreenPurple.jpg

Acans11_22_08.jpg

Holacanpolyp.jpg

Redpolyp.jpg

seafansar

Some updated pics of this one:
P8180622.jpg

Today
P1270119.jpg

P1270087.jpg

And some new ones. Ignore the sand on top of them. My hector's goby just loves to sift sand over them.
P1270089.jpg

P1270117.jpg

P1270090.jpg

P1270091.jpg

P1270092.jpg

P1270093.jpg

seafansar

Thanks! I with my first one would grow more of a skeleton already. It just keeps growing new heads. The heads keep getting smaller and smaller so more can fit!
Did you notice that the one head on the left has two mouths?

Zeppelin

Nice acan morphs. From the pics, it looks like you may want to get a handle on the flatworm outbreak. They can irritate the polyps and keep them from opening fully.

funkpolice

here's a pic of my first Acan colony. I picked it up last week. I'm going to give it a month or so, and add a few more.

P1250504.jpg

bill

seafansar

Nice acan morphs. From the pics, it looks like you may want to get a handle on the flatworm outbreak. They can irritate the polyps and keep them from opening fully.

Yeah, I know. I have a few wrasses that are keeping the population somewhat under control. So far I haven't seen any flatworms actually crawling on any corals, but when I move in a few months I plan on dipping all my rock in flatworm exit.

seafansar

Nice dmyers! I really like the second one. Is it a rainbow?

Update on mine, I unfortunately lost all but two of my original ones. Partly from the flatworm problem, which is now fixed, but mostly cause my peppermint shrimp decided acans tasted yummy. I didn't figure out what was going on until too late.

But I've moved, bought a new tank, and new acans. Here's some pics:
P8230770.jpg

P8120610.jpg

P7280441.jpg

P8120611.jpg

I know it's not an acan lord, but I just wanted to show it off too. :square:
P7130159.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pic. This one was looking so cool, bright red with blueish white edges. The peppermint shrimp almost killed it too, but I saw one eating it one day and put it in another tank. It's recovering well.
P7100162.jpg

You can see the peppermint shrimp got to this one too, but it's doing good now.
P8210677.jpg