A Zoanthid Connoisseur's Quest...

MarvinsReef

here's one of my favorite zoas... Purple Hornets! they will look brighter when they settle in... I just moved them on the 28g JBJ from my old 32g... the 28g JBJ is only 3 months old... :)

I shot them on a frag rack in the front glass... didn't really have the best lighting with the hood up that's why some are darker than others... I think the best shot is the 2nd shot and shows the best coloration... :)

12-16-08_Hornets.jpg

12-16-08_HornetsA.jpg

12-16-08_HornetsB.jpg

jjohnson3

OMG...I know you would love to send me some free frags of them zoos! They all look great!!! I love the sour apple zoos.

MarvinsReef

pic update... it's been a while... PE palys style... :D

Hybrid PPE's
01-25-09_HybridPPE.jpg

Flash
01-23-09_HybPPEFlash.jpg

Actinics only
01-25-09Hybrid_Act.jpg

OPE
OPE_01-23-09.jpg

Flash
01-23-09_OPEFlash.jpg

just an awesome PE... hope I can keep the colors...
01-25-09_NicePE.jpg

Actinics only
01-25-09NicePE_Act.jpg

MarvinsReef

just an update...

Nightmare... from flricordia -- thanks again Mike!
02-11-09_Nightmares.jpg

some updated top down shots of colonies...

AoG colony I've had for 3 years, fragged a few times but grown from 2 polyps...
02-18-09AoG.jpg

True blues, PD's, Nukes, Hybrid PPE, and a few others...
02-18-09Mess.jpg

new reefer 03

marvin, what lights do you have these under? i think some but not all can be supported by PC, right? i just orderred some halloween zoas and have PCs.

MarvinsReef

I'd like to get some of those true blues and a nice bright red like Keds. Any suggestions where to buy them?
keep your eye out online... that's really the best way to find them... :)

marvin, what lights do you have these under? i think some but not all can be supported by PC, right? i just orderred some halloween zoas and have PCs.
my first zoas tank was a 55g w/ 65w x 4 PC... zoas were doing well but not as colorful under MH or T5's... they will thrive and grow but if you want the best color, a combo of MH and T5 is best IMHO... good luck... :)

MarvinsReef

wanna add these to the collection... lighting is 4 x 24w T-5... (2) 22k AquaScience; (1) Fiji Purple; (1) ATI Blue+

GoldDusts.jpg

03-10-09_OrangeEE.jpg

and a current pic of the z's and p's garden... still in the making but it's coming along.... :)
03-26-09_ZsGardenSm.jpg