A Zoanthid Connoisseur's Quest...

MarvinsReef

I thought I'd start a thread of my favorite corals... I've been collecting zoanthids since 2005... I've had many many different morphs from the past and currently, I'm focusing on propagating about 35 morphs... in this thread, I will post z's and p's eye candy, progression shots, top down shots, and other interesting shots I take or have taken... there will be lots and lots of photos so hope you guys don't mind... :D

I'd like to start out some FTS of my tank.. it's gone through a lot of aquascaping and I'm yet to find one that makes me happy... hopefully with the new tank I'm setting up in the next month or two, I can find the best aquascaping for my zoas and palys... so here goes.. :)

Original Birthday: 07-22-06; Re-birth: 12-01-07

Tank Specs:
- 32g breeder (24"L x 18"W x 18"H)
- 22g fuge/sump (24"L x 12"W x 18"H)
- Lighting (250w MH SE w/ 20k Radium bulb)
- Skimmer (Tunze Nano DC 9002)
- Flow (Mag 7 return pump; {2} Koralia 2 powerhead)

Corals: zoas and palys, Aussie acan lords, few select LPS & softies
Fishes: Lineatus fairy wrasse, Golden Rhomboid fairy wrasse, HI Flame fairy wrasse, Red Sea 8 Line flasher wrasse, paired Oscellaries clowns

------------------------------------------------
Latest FTS: 06-28-08 -- starting over again...

06-28-08_FTS_3.jpg

Weekly Routine

Monday: Reef Plus by Seachem (2 capfuls)

Tuesday: Enjoy the tank...

Wednesday: Reef Calcium w/ RO water (1 spoonful); after 1+ hr(s) Reef Builder w/ RO water (1/2 spoonful);
---------- also, Magnesium supp (Kent Marine Tech M) (2 capfuls)

Thursday: Enjoy the tank...

Friday: Reef Plus by Seachem (2 capfuls)

Saturday: Enjoy the tank...

Sunday: Enjoy the tank...

Repeat the week... oh yeah, around 3rd or 4th week of the month, I replace the Monday or Friday dosing w/ 15%-20% water change.. I use RO water and Reef Crystals... I feed my tank a combination of Mysis, Rod's Food, Frozen Cyclopeeze, and Formula 1 twice a day..

Recent progressions shots

06-28-07
06-28-07FTS_1.jpg

08-05-07
08-05-07_FTS.jpg

11-20-07
FTS_11-20-07_XL.jpg

12-09-07
FTS_12-09-07.jpg

12-18-07
FTS_12-18-07a.jpg

06-01-08
06-01-08_FTS.jpg
[/QUOTE]

also, here's my current tank chronicle for those of you who are interested...
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/33988-marvinsreef-zoanthid-dominated-reef.html

MarvinsReef

thank you SeahorseBT & tippMANn98

well, let's start with some of my current additions... I just started collecting again so I don't have too much as of now... for the 32g tank, I plan on having around 35 morphs of zoas and palys.. wish me luck... :)

Pink Zippers
06-28-08_Zippz.jpg

Rasta zoas
06-28-08_Rastas.jpg

Sour Apple zoas
06-28-08_Applez.jpg

Raptor's Rainbows
06-28-08_Raptors.jpg

True AoG w/ lineage & Eagle Eyes morph
06-28-08_TopDown_1.jpg

Mandarin zoas & SuperMan monti
06-28-08_SuperMan.jpg

PPE's (the bright morph)
06-19-08_PPE.jpg

more to come.. :D

Looks like you're using somewhat of a GARF method. I do a similar schedule of dosing Seachem products myself. I've been do it for about four years and have had great success. Here's a shot of the tank today.

Attachments

• FTS_7-18-08.jpg
    FTS_7-18-08.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 584

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
Ok, I'll take 1-5 polyps of each, thank you kindly!

FOR REAL!!! When they start filling in and there is no more room, then you'll HAVE to get rid of some!!! Call me!

BigJay

I gotta find some of those blue zoas thats in the first pic. Very nice stuff. Some unbelievable colors.