A Zoanthid Connoisseur's Quest...

ds69

wow what are those called? haha imagine those up against some tubs blues or something would be awesome.

nikkipigtails

I have a frag that look just like your "True AoG w/ lineage & Eagle Eyes morph" (the pinkish and bluish ones) but the guy I got them from called them "pink panthers".

MarvinsReef

Would you possibly sell frags of all of those and how much might that cost?
I do put together frag packs every so often and I try to be as fair as possible with my prices.... stay tuned on the FS section.. :)

i want that pink ric too!
unfortunately, I had to give her up when I had a mini tank cycle early this year... :(

I have a frag that look just like your "True AoG w/ lineage & Eagle Eyes morph" (the pinkish and bluish ones) but the guy I got them from called them "pink panthers".
awesome... the True AoG are one of the brightest coral in my tank... they look amazing as a colony... good luck with yours... :)

I love zoa's but have not had good luck in the past and want to try again any thoughts on what to start with
you can start out with some of the nicer less hard to find morphs like BamBam orange, Dragon Eyes, Mean Greens, RadioActive Greens, Kedds Redds, True blues (incl Tubs), and Eagle Eyes... when you confident on taking care of these guys, you can slowly spend a little more to get a few morphs... then grow those nicer morphs and start trading like crazy... good luck... :)

MarvinsReef

Mohawks top down
08-06-08_Mohawks_1.jpg

08-06-08_Mohawks_2.jpg

Chong Bongs top down
08-11-08_Bongs.jpg

Jeremy0322

You have some beautiful zoas, which may be my favorite type of coral as I see them more and more. Quick question for you since you obviously know something about them...haha....any tips on making the colonies grow faster. I got a few frags and am looking at making them TAKE OFF!

funkpolice

I had a two polyp frag of dragon eyes for 6 months and the only thing that happened was one of them died. About 3 months ago, the one polyp left started dividing like crazy, I have over 20 now. I can't figure out what brought on this growth spurt.

MarvinsReef

I'm very very sorry for the late replies but better late than never... ;)

again!.....:drooool:
Thank you... :)

wow beautiful stuff. any update shots. keep it comming
Thanks... I finally got the tank situated with the aquascaping... I set up my 12g JBJ to be a grow out tank so I don't have too many frags laying around the sand bed.. I'll have some top down shots on the bottom on this post of different areas of the tank for progression shots... lotsa growing still... :)

You have some beautiful zoas, which may be my favorite type of coral as I see them more and more. Quick question for you since you obviously know something about them...haha....any tips on making the colonies grow faster. I got a few frags and am looking at making them TAKE OFF!
Thank you... z's and p's are definitely one of my favorite corals to collect... I've probably owned 100+ morphs of z's and p's and I'm sure there's more amazing morphs yet to be discovered... IMHO, for any z's and p's, I would recommend med to med/high random flow and decent MH/T'5/MH & T5 combo to get the best coloration and growth... good luck with your z's and p's... :)

I had a two polyp frag of dragon eyes for 6 months and the only thing that happened was one of them died. About 3 months ago, the one polyp left started dividing like crazy, I have over 20 now. I can't figure out what brought on this growth spurt.
sometimes, z's and p's take a while to settle to their new environment.. they are normally pretty resilient... when they settle in, they normally do well and start sprouting babies 2-3 polyps at a time... and if left alone, they normally keep at this rate until something changes in their environment.. I'm glad your Dragon Eyes are growing... that morph is probably one of the brightest out there... keep up the good work.. :)

marvin didn't you have a 3gallon pico tank at one time? If so do u have thread about it?
sorry, I've never set up a 3g Pico.. must be someone else... thanks for stopping by though... :)

now, some top downs... or attempts of top downs... LoLz..
12-14-08_1.jpg

12-14-08_2.jpg

12-14-08_3.jpg

12-14-08_4.jpg