a sad rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snelly40

COngrats buddy, im very happy for u and him :)

i have been contemplating a zebra or snowflake eel for my new tank, are they typically model citicxzens, i'd just be worried about my yellow watchman goby

Witfull

thank you for the good vibes, i think it help.

heres how it transpired.
first i clipped one of the pinchers off of eack arm so they dont pinch. grip them with the feeding tongs by an arm. i lower it into the tank near zebra. he came out to look at it and the crawdad freaked a bit. it twisted and broke its arm off and shot behind a rock. well zebra was hungry and slithered to the rock. i could not see what was going on, but there was a plume of sand shot into the water column and then i see zebra swallowing. thats one.

crawdad 2 is lowered in zebra looks at it but stays 1" away from the tongs. time for a calculated risk, i release the crawdad and rais the tongs. when tongs are about 2" away zebra snatches the crawdad. thats two.

about ten minutes later and be bouncing in exhuberation i see zebra half out of his cave looking around. i think to myself "self, we have one more crawdad". i answer myself "yes, yes we do". this is a big 4" body crawdad. i snap one pincher off each formidable weapon and grip with tongs. i lower him into the tank about 6" from zebra. he cautiously cruises out, sniffs the crawdad, then slowly takes him into his mouth and slinks in reverse to his lair. another puff of sand and this time you hear crunching....one, two three,,,three crawdads ahh ahhhh ahhhhhh

more elation and joyous dancing around the tank.

zebra then curled up to sleep off his full belly.

dobejazz

Great News Wit I'm glad he is doing so well and you found him when you did it doesn't seem like he would have lasted to much longer at the LFS

Craig Manoukian

We need to get you a candy Striper's uniform Dave! The eel would be hungry all the time, eh?

caregiver.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.