a sad rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witfull

today i went out to the LFS and saw something that needed fixing. a Hawaiian Zebra moray in a tank being picked by a Garabaldi damsel. the new kid that works there doesnt really know the time of day. so i grab a net and snag out the damsel and drop him in another tank. then the terrible sight hit my eyes. this poor moray had holes bitten in him. i was then told "yeah, that started yesterday, i think." i being to calmly flip out. i complained to the owner, and was told, i dont have time to worry about a fish, i have a store to run". anger levels go up more. i then tell the owner im taking this fish, "i dont think i can save him, but he has a better chance with me, he will be dead here in the morning." he says i dont care, i have work to do. i brought the Zebra home and while acclimating him to my water i gave the bucket a high dose of antibiotics and began swabbing his woulds with iodine. i dont know if he will make it. but i have to try.

Attachments

• zeb1.jpg
    zeb1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 435
  • zeb2.jpg
    zeb2.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 422
  • zeb3.jpg
    zeb3.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 421

Witfull

notice the last 3" of his tail...chewed raw and big holes in his back....im furious at the store right now,,,,why did Reefdave have to leave? i miss his dedication to the animals.

PhilOlsen

Has been struck by the ban stick
I hope it works out, keep us posted and thanks for the effort, it is appreciated!!!!! That guy should not own a store that has any live animals in it and I would consider reporting him if I were you.

saltwaterfarm

That is the most horrible thing I have ever seen. I commend you for your efforts. I hope that you can pull eely through. That LFS person (I know they are not all like that) should be thrown in a tank with 50 starving piranhas. Enuff said! Karma to you!

Snelly40

karma to u, some people are just bad people.
good luck saving the eel, from what i heave heard they can be goodtankmates and hoplefully as hardy as i have read about. good luck and keep us updated

burning2nd

underlieing issue?

he says i dont care, i have work to do

theres, a lot more at stake then just a your moray..... people all over the world have this same attatude, with things of great more inportence....

this sucks, that dude should get a few rocks chucked at his head, old school
style,

best of luck buddie, dont get to attached

BrothaWolf

That makes me MAD!!!! Im not even gonna get into it Im sure everyone that reads this thread feels the same way!!! :maddown: :flaming: :verymad: :maddown: Great save Wit!!!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Well done Witt!! hope this plans out for you and (insert name) . if theres a chance it will be from you.Steve

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Unbelievable! The store owner only has one thing on his mind-money. Unfortunately, quality starts at the top. The employees of this lfs must also be low. Either that or good employees don't stay long. Your effort is commendable. Nurse it back Wit! Are you quarantining with antibiotics? High protein foods may help. I'm rootin' for him.

reefjitsu

Good save Wit. I have seen one with horibble scars, must of had chunks bitten out, that had healed up and was doing well. Hopefully this one has a good will to live, and with your care he will pull through.

pmac90

Good job Dave! unfortunately that store is on my jersey loop-a-round, might have to start skipping them. darn dave leaving to get an education!!

Witfull

i put him in the reef, i feel its the best spot. stable clean water with lots of hiding places. i dropped a few EM tabs into the overflow to slowly disolve but not enough to do any damage to the bio bed. if he feels safe and comfortable, thats the first step to recovery, alot of times fish will die due to "sterility shock". this can be a LFS near bare selling tank or a home QT. with a moray, i feel there is much less chance of ich, they just never seem to get it, and hes a big (near 2ft) so others shouldnt try to muscle him around,,and he is in the rocks, poses no threat to the others.

i dont name my fish so i dont get to attached to them, i keep them referred to by common trade names.

thank you all for the well wishes and karma...it will be passed on to Zebra.

Cougra

Good thinking Dave. I think you made the right choice putting it in the main tank as I think it'll be a healthier envirnonment for the eel. I hope that it recovers soon and you'll have a wonderful addition to your tank.

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
wow i cannot belive some people great job witty..glad you could be there karma for you and the zebra-man thats a jerk boo that man!

lcstorc

I can't believe this store has gone so far downhill so quickly.
Great job Dave!!! If he can live he can live in your reef. I know he is now getting the best of care.
Very glad you were there to give him a second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.