A Picture A Day......

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Here's my colony of magician paly's that I'm about to take some frags off of. It's no where near the quality of the other photos but I wanted to participate :)

null_zpse7ac6793.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Very NICE John (whippetguy)...I like Palys! And there's some blue snowflakes beside them?? I think they are pretty too. And Duncans...I want to get some of those also. Thanks for posting & making me want MORE STUFF...Uughhh!! :D

Akshay

@ Spammie33 ... what do you feed your horseshoe? Never had one...jst wondering how they are to have in a tank?
Is this a particular type, coz it looks small as compared to the tangs, or is it gonna become much bigger?

Spammie33

@ Spammie33 ... what do you feed your horseshoe? Never had one...jst wondering how they are to have in a tank?
Is this a particular type, coz it looks small as compared to the tangs, or is it gonna become much bigger?

I feed him squid, brine/mysis shrimp, and formula pellets... Since I am not sure that he is feeding off the organisms in the sand, I like to take him out and feed him separately to make sure. He specially likes the pellets for some reason. Haha.

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend having him in your tank even if its small, they dirty your tank a lot, your water gets extremely cloudy and takes a couple of hours to start clearing up. Whenever they're out they like to shift the sand around, also you have to make sure your rocks are placed solidly in your sand so he doesn't knock them down while he passes by.

He gets much bigger! Over a foot wide, I will have to get rid of him once he starts getting large unfortunately. I've had him for over 3 months.

On the plus side, they do shift your sand around and give it that "clean look" and they look cool haha.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I agree that it's best to NOT have a horseshoe crab...they may be cute when they are little but finding a place for them to go when they get HUGE will be a tough issue. Not very many "home" aquariums are large enough to keep one long term. Something to consider before getting one.

Mike Johnson

When I set this tank up I ordered 3 boxes of rocks from Vanuatu, so most everything I have is hitchhikers, literally hundreds of species. Here's another one.

See the hole to the left of it. Anyone know what that little death trap looking thing is?