A coral I hope to have in a few weeks . .

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:drool: So ....MANY .....COLORS!!!!!!!!!!Where do you get you acans?!?

I know! That's what I'm thinking, now all the rest of us will just say, "nope those are NOT he Acans I want" :( when we visit our LFS.
Still hoping jjmoneyman comes through with me some bright colored PRIZE ACANS. I'm getting more excited looking at these.
Love the PINKS & Coral Peach colors :D so AWESOME!!

Most of my Lords are Australian, aquired from a CITES diver. Some are Indonesian but they're small right now, it's my absolute favorite coral species so I feed them more than I feed my fish...quite literally!

This guy came in tan with magenta mouths, he's proven to be the center of my attention for hours!

0E196892-3474-4B30-AC42-A5AE7B66808A-18169-0000160733D9FB95_zpsa898e7d9.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I figured so. I'm so looking forward to getting this coral.

I also look forward to seeing you tank in a few weeks.

sent from Outer Space via Droid Razr Maxx

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Most of my Lords are Australian, aquired from a CITES diver. Some are Indonesian but they're small right now, it's my absolute favorite coral species so I feed them more than I feed my fish...quite literally!

This guy came in tan with magenta mouths, he's proven to be the center of my attention for hours!

0E196892-3474-4B30-AC42-A5AE7B66808A-18169-0000160733D9FB95_zpsa898e7d9.jpg

If I were to win a "Free Shopping Spree" to any tank around I would make it be in your tank Reefologist. I'm really getting the "Acan Fever" now. I was sitting looking at my tank a little while ago thinking, "If I get rid of this coral... that coral... this coral... I'll have room for more Acans in my tank."

Thanks for the additional pics bud. We LOVE pics in general and REALLY love pics of beautiful coral :)

You're too kind man, do you have a thread for the RSM130D? I pride myself on making those systems do amazing things! In the maintenance community they have the loving nicknames of the "Red Slime Max" or the "water heater" hehehe. I'm jk they're wonderful systems with a little TLC, can't wait to see yours! BTW, I know what you guys are talking about when you say "ATS" but what's the acronym?

JoeCanada11

Great thread. Thanks reefologist for joining and sharing. I'm a huge fan of the Aussie acans and my RSM will be full of them by the time I move up. They are incredible creatures. And amazing to watch the feeding tentacles come out for a bite to eat.

Thank you both! I'll definitely chesck out the RSM thread, this will help me greatly! I've always been intrigued by these particular animals and have become enthralled over the past 10 years. Before then they were few and far between! I can't wait until they're done in quarantine so I may move them to my main tank!!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm less than 72hrs from picking up my new Acan. I just got some "sneak peaks" at it and WOW! I was expecting a single head frag and it's 3-4 heads. WOOOOOO HOOOO!!!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I want to See it!!! Maybe you could HOP over to my question about my Acans & tell me what to do with them? Just when you have time & aren't drooling over your Acans maybe. :D I'm excited for You Big Al :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
OK, I'm waiting for an UPDATE on this fabulous ACAN.
I got a new one and I think it's going to be a beauty....needs to grow just a little before I tease ya with it too much! :makefun:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I got one, close to this color but it's kinda tiny still....growing & doing good so far.
I'm anxious to see MORE of this one also.
UPDATE w/pictures would be good on this thread :D

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Any updates on this wonderful piece?
:bump:

I'll have to give it a close look when I get home tonight... but I'm afraid it's not the news we like to hear.

I've yet to figure out exactly what happened but my guess is for whatever reason my Tunze ATO filled the tank with too much Kalk water and this caused a massive precipitation in my tank. I woke up one morning and even in a completely dark (6am so all lights off) I knew something was wrong...

Every square inch of the tank... including the glass was white... it looked like someone had dumped a box of fireplace ashe into my tank over night. I've spent the week doing everything I know to do (Water changes till I'm sick of water changes, carbon, filter floss, water changes... water changes etc) and everything looks terrible. I've not seen any of my Anemone since this happened and all of my frogspawn is nothing but skeleton. My zoas are all completely closed as it just about everything in the tank. Both firefish are MIA as well as my tiny hawkfish. My "Nemo and single Banghia Cardinal are out and about like nothing is wrong but that's about it.

I'll update my main thread over at:
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/67533-big-als-mountain-reef-64.html

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
OMGosh! SORRY TO READ THIS ALLEN :(:tears:
I've been thinking about getting an ATO (when I add my sump) but I'm just not sure I trust using one.
UUGGHH!!! This is AWFUL! :(