$9 toadstools, or 2 for $15

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I decided to stick it in a low flow area and let it attach itself.

Sometimes these corals refuse to "allow" themselves to be glued. They are able to "slough off" from the glue. By wedging it between a couple of rocks you may get lucky.

Sounds like you may have some "bull-dozers" that come out at night to do some "aqua-scaping" how THEY want it done :)

i wouldnt try to glue them, i agree with Al and try to wedge them on a rock. When i frag theese guys, i use a tooth pic, that is glued to a peice of marble, and stick the other end in the frag. Its sits that way for 10 to 14 days. Then i remove the tooth pick, and let him grow for 2-3 months.

yungreefer2410

just got mine great shipping rusty! they felt secure to the plug but i'll watch for them just to be sure. there already poking out after 10 min in the tank

KeithShumway

Mine were doing great until my limpet snail (came as a hitchhiker on a rock) ate the entire head off the dime sized one in 1 night, and it was 1/2 the snails size... Anyone ever heard of this happening? The next morning I found it perched on the toadstools stump...

The larger toadstool is happy and growing and has not been bothered by the snail, however the snail I have never seen off the rocks and this toadstool is not within reach of "his rock" without going over sand. He has not bothered any other corals on "his rock"...

BigJay

you know I didn't even price these things when I ordered mine. I just realized today I got two shipped for the less then the price of one before shipping from the internet sellers. :bluenod:
I saw the youtube video where a clown was using one as a surrogate for a nem and I had to have one. way cool.

turn8299

The one i had that was detached is opening up better than the one that is attached. The one that is attached seems to close fully with the lights on and open up at night...? Should I be concerned or give it time?

BigJay

mines the same way. The one thats detached opens up readily. Even when I moved it and it closed it opened right back up. THe one thats attached started to open then closed again and hasn't really opened since. I wouldn't sweat it though.With most corals I don't start worrying till a week or so has passed and even then I just keep my eye on it.