65G tank

Adam Black

So the 3 month old tank recently turned 6 months. Here's an update.
Ditched the kangaroo dosing bags. I wasn't able to slow it down enough so I started dosing 2 part by hand. Changed bulbs from 10k to 14k. I like the color of these bulbs better. Rearranged the sump to accommodate the Octopus Extreme 200. Recently picked up a yellow tang from Daniel.Thanks Again! Ditched the cheato in the fuge.I got tired of it finding it's way into the display. Got my Ac jr recently. Still not using it to it's full potential.Added a Koralia 4 to the mix and took out the 2 koralia 1's! Flow from powerheads is now 3400gph. Still looking to upgrade that.Well that's it for now. Here's some pics from tonight. Actinic only. One is with flash.
IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

Adam Black

Very Nice

Thank you. I need to update this thread. I recently added a frag holder at the top of the tank for corals not getting enough light or were to close to another coral. Hopefully they'll color back up from being shaded. I've taken my husbandry to another level by buying test kits. I don't know how this tank has lasted so long with out having them! Just added cheato to a section of my sump with a little light for nutrient export. Will see how good this works! Last time I tried cheato, it ended up in my display. Still slacking on water changes :smck: . I want to change 5g every Saturday, but am lucky if I do 10g every 2 and a half weeks. I'll update some pics also. Got some new pieces that are pretty impressive!

DML08

I think we are due for a updated FTS there adam.. hey how are those zoa's doing you got from me?

Adam Black

I think we are due for a updated FTS there adam.. hey how are those zoa's doing you got from me?

Tonight I'll try and take some pics. The Zoa's are growing like crazy but just don't have the color they did. I'll take pics of them to.

DML08

zoa's always morph under different lighting conditions.. I believe flow can effect them also. for some reason my fire and ice zoa's which where nice looking went to small polyps and stringy skirts!...

Basile

Hey adam thanks for your input on my thread http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/saltwater-fish/39706-tang-65g.html#post570741

I would like to know a bit more about your tank. I'm asking here because on my thread too many on my tang banwagon with their high heals , lol. So how your tang doing?,,, and i was going for anthias as well ; we defenitaly have the same tastes. Do you really have to feed your Anthias 3 time a day???hope not. You see i'll be gone for 45 days and my buddy will be feeding my fishes every 2 days. The rest of my fishes are ok with that , they've survived with this routine for the last year. So when i leave for 45 days they'll be fed only every 2 days. How many fishes do you have in your tank .

Thanks for your input at http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/saltwater-fish/39706-tang-65g.html#post570741

Adam Black

Dom, Thanks!

Baslie, I have 6 Fish. 3 Anthias,1 tang,2 chromis. I try to feed 3 times a day but at the least I'll do once a day.

Nanoreefsrcool, there Lyrtail anthias. Very common.

BWI, Thank you.