55 Gallon Reef Tank!

Bought this tank on craigslist for $325 came with everything besides the hard corals ($40), Clownfish ($25 from a friend) 25 lbs of rock ($50) Lights ($125),
Sold the lights that came with the tank for $100 they were corallife 2 bulb 48inch, bulbs were really old, So all in all I paid 325+40+25+50+125-100 = $465 not bad,

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Seaclone skimmer, fluval 305, 40lbs of fiji live rock, Lunar Wrasse, Damsel, and a Bar goby came with (which is in my tank), Chocolate chip starfish, Brittle starfish, huge crushed coral bed (Couple Inches) and a nice cleanup crew

Robzilla

Not bad at all! I have spent waaaaaay more on my 55. Watch out for that Lunare Wrasse. I had one and it tried to kill everything that was alive and I had to give it back. They get huge too. 8-10 inches is gonna be way too big for that tank. Just speaking from experience man. Looks great though and you got a killer deal for that price!

I got rid of the damsels too....bunch of bullies they are.

PIMPALA

Lookin good so far!

also get rid of the choco chip starfish. they arent reef safe (they eat corals like its candy)

Reddog170

You will want to get a couple power heads in there to get some water movement going. Other than that not a bad tank. Will follow along to see this grow. Shaun

Ya, I've put the Chocolate Chip Starfish on craigslist and I will eventually get rid of the damsel, and well see how the lunar wrasse does, I might have to sell it off too! I def need to buy another powerhead or two because the circulation in the tank is kind of weak, all in good time though!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Looking good :thumbup:
I like the choice in corals. Look forward to seeing update pics as they grow. The birds nest in one of my favorites.

All those hard corals on craigslist for $40! Montipora Spongodes, Red Birdsnest, 3 Monti Digitata, montipora capricornis, and one more, that just reminds me, it fell i need to go find it haha!

I currently have 5 doing perfectly fine so you can prolly get more than 6-7, i lost one of the corals :( it was a small frag but whatever, it was still a steal!

Shrimp build up in my fluval 305 pipes caused an ammonia spike or something that i couldn't detect via water testing and that's why my xenias were dying, emptied em out and xenias are coming back to life! :D Here are some updated pictures!
IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Looking good. Glad that you figured out what was going on with the Fluval and have the Xenia recovering!

Got a bluespot jawfish from work, it ended up goign from 100% healthy to getting white spots (brookynella) and dying! also got a blue hippo tang today and added two bangai cardinals but one of them died :/ and a bunch of sps!!! So well see how they doo!!!

How can it be that all my original fish are fine and all the fish i add are perfectly healthy but then they die the next day? my waters fine because i have tons of corals fish and inverterbrates?

Blndbunny

It's likely the stress of being moved brings out underlying problems. This is why many of us quarantine new fish. It gives us a chance to see if they are truly healthy and if there us a problem treat it. Also keeps the DT nice and healthy. QT is hard though, when ever I get someone new I can't wait to get them in to their new home.