38 Gallon Innovative Marine Nano Reef Project.

Pawlu

Thanks, yeah to bad on the Gramma, it had great coloration too, no idea on the cause of death. Might get one again in the future, but for now my focus is getting my new little pygmy healthy for the main tank.

Pawlu

Pygmy Angel added to DT over the weekend, so far doing great. Picked up a new Royal Gramma today and so far doing well in QT, I will most likely QT the gramma for 3 weeks.

panthervision23

Hey this pic of yours is beautiful. Love the blue light. It gives an eerie yet aquatic feeling to it. Kind'a remind me of an underwater exploration movie (which I forgot). :bluenod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pawlu

Wow 2 months in.. and some more changes... Added an ATO system and loving it, only issue is that I drain water from my overflow for my water changes and I am having to engage the shut off float switch otherwise the unit will obviously start pumping fresh water into the tank. I don't want to turn off the ATO controller as on power on, even if the water is level, it goes through a adjustment and pumps water into the tank.

Pygmy Angel added to the crew and doing well. Taking pictures is very hard under the intense actinic lights of the SOl's. I used a 9 Gal Water storage container from Wallmart, modified for use as a reservoir, the tap has been disabled and sealed from the inside. It gives me enough fresh TO for 1 week.

IMG_0077_zpscaf59e83.jpg

IMG_0057_zps0890fcfb.jpg

IMG_0081_zps0856d4d2.jpg

IMG_0080_zps9919735e.jpg

IMG_0079_zpsb15851e5.jpg

Pawlu

Tank coming up to 3 months!!! Some new pics, tank doing pretty good, no issues fingers crossed! Hope to invest in a new camera and will take a video at some point.

IMG_0192_zps48202b97.jpg

IMG_0194_zpse2bd547e.jpg

IMG_0190_zps3d45142b.jpg

IMG_0188_zpsecb98dc3.jpg

IMG_0185_zps65968f1d.jpg

IMG_0147_zps77b8cf48.jpg

IMG_0144_zps059268e4.jpg

IMG_0154_zps509d7a67.jpg

Pawlu

My iphone 4s! Not bad I guess but it has a hard time with the actinics and makes things look more blue than they really are.

Cyclist

Looking very good. Love your rock layout. I took note of where your wine glasses are and chuckeled because i remember where mine were while waiting for the new nuvo.

I must say, I am very happy with the Nuvo 38 and IM has been a great company to work with.

Cyclist

Hey every thing is looking great!
So did you dial in your AI SOLs yet? What % do you have them at?
I had to dial mine back to 55% for each color.

Pawlu

Sorry for the late response to this, been super busy these last few months, but here is how my AI sols are configured, I might be reducing the intensity though as the last month my montipora's started to bleach.

Pawlu

Been a while since I updated this thread, been extremely busy, however here is my latest mod, I added a maxijet 900 pump into the overflow, with a T connector that sends an extra 600 or so GPH into the overflow baskets. Was never happy with the stock pump on its own.

TwiceIrish

I just read through your build today as I've become interested in the Nuvo tanks. What a lovely reef you have created! Your attention to detail in explanations and photos is much appreciated. I sincerely hope you continue to update this thread as your adventure progresses.

Pawlu

Hello Twicefish, thank you for your comments and i am glad my pictures have helped, i do plan on posting some updates the first chance i get as i have made some more modifications. Plus corals have grown a lot since the last pics i took.