$25 DOLLAR SCORE (with pics)

Wolfgang8810

went to my LFS today and they had a fairly nice size piece of sun coral. It was 30 dollar but i only had 26 so i asked the owner if it was ok he said yes since its the only marine store i buy from. When one of the worker kids bagged it up it had a yellow and maroon feather duster stuck to it. I told the owner and he said "i diddnt see it" and rung me up. I love this store the people are great! and i asked if they had any job positions and he said he would think it over. I hope i get it. anyways here are some pics of the booty.

DSC_0695.jpg

DSC_0694.jpg

DSC_0693-2.jpg

lcstorc

Be sure to feed it well. You need to feed each polyp to keep it alive. They usually open at night but you can train them to open during the day by gradually feeding them earlier and earlier.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
:woohoo:Great find Wolfy! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get the job!

That LFS needs someone like you!

If you need any references, tell the owner to log to RS.:whstlr:

Wolfgang8810

Be sure to feed it well. You need to feed each polyp to keep it alive. They usually open at night but you can train them to open during the day by gradually feeding them earlier and earlier.
i altrady have a small frag of sun coral that opens whenever i feed the tank. literaly when im feeding the fish its opens all the way. It will take a week before this new guy gets the hang of it. but trust me none of them will go hungry.

Wolfgang8810

got them in the tank. here are some pics. cher is already starting to open. I named my first one sunny so cher seems fitting :)

this is sunny
DSC_0698.jpg

this is cher

DSC_0699.jpg

DSC_0702.jpg

vdituri

Nice looking suns Wolfgang!

Anyone know if those are what people call "Red" sun corals? Just curious.

Wolfgang8810

the ones pictured are the normal yellow and orange sun corals but there IS a small cluster just below the main colony that looks like a differnt species and when they opened a little bit and the mouthes were much lighter then the normal orange. wish me luck :)

Wolfgang8810

both sunny and cher got fed lastnight and my new colony most of the polyps opened without me haveing to target feed right at them. once they were extended as far as the would go then i target fed them but my black clown still is being pissy and attacking me lol atleast hes small and his teeth are tiny for NOW

Wolfgang8810

it kinda looks like them but the polyps tentacles arent that clear. they are a bright yellow. ill be trying to coax the rest of the bunch out then ill take some good pictures. If they are dendros i got a killer deal lol

Stacef

Aww Sonny and Cher are looking wonderful! I am jealous you got a free feather with it. That feather is gorgeous, Congrats on the new guys!

Wolfgang8810

here are the best pics i gould get of the new rock. It is really hard to get decent pics with a bowfront!

DSC_0717.jpg

DSC_0716.jpg

here is a picture of my original frag.
DSC_0729.jpg