210 Aggressive FOWLR Setup

Leviticus

I’m in the process of setting up a 210 Aggressive FOWLR. I would like to know if the fish I’ve listed would be too much of a Bio-load for my system, compatible with each other, and which order they should be introduced into the tank.

Volitan Lionfish
Picasso Triggerfish
Yellowstripe Maroon Clownfish
Snowflake Eel
Haller’s Stingray
Porcupine Puffer
Clown Triggerfish

Aquarium - 210 Aqueon with Megaflows 72 x 24 x 28
Dry Rock – 175 BRS Reef Saver Rock
Sand – 200 lbs Original Grade Ocean Direct
Powerhead – x2 Hydor Koralia Magnum 3250
Lighting – x2 Marineland 32949 T5 HO 48”
Sump - Aqueon Proflex Model 4
Skimmer - Reef Octopus Diablo DCS 200 INT
Return Pump – Eheim Compact 5000
Reef Keeper Elite System
RO/DI System

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Not sure on the predator fish advise - but your list sure has some pretty ones in it

I'd highly suggest getting a large skimmer and a 2 canister filters for a bio load that large, those are some really messy fish lol awesome fish but messy, but other than that they only thing I'd worry about is the ray, being that if your trigger decided to rip its eyeballs out that would be pretty likely, just my opinion ( seen it done before ) but everything else should be good!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:welcomera Welcome to Reef Sanctuary Leviticus! :wave:
This is sure going to be an awesome tank to see, hope you are planing to share your build & lots of pictures with us :D
BEST WISHES :biker

ReefApprentice

Welcome to RS a saltwater/freshwater forum with tons of helpful members.I would be wary of the string ray-It might be the victim of "bully" fish. The set up sounds good although the clown might want to be a good size.

Leviticus

I will have to remove the stingray from my list since the general consensus is that it will suffer. These are a couple current pictures of my tank.

58852170.jpg

37411548.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Awesome looking rock scape, it's gorgeous!! I can't wait (but I know waiting has got to be!) to see your fish swimming about the tank.
I'm assuming the PVC holes are a tunnel under the sand for the eel? Are you going to make a rock cover to hide them?
Wish I had your scape building skills....your fish should love their new home :)

Leviticus

Yes the PVC is for the snowflake eel. I went with 1 1/2 hoping it will still be big enough when the snowflake is full grown. It has 3 openings and runs in an L shape between the megaflows with the small piece going towards the front. I will try your idea of using the rocks to surround or partially cover the PVC that extends above the sand.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Yes the PVC is for the snowflake eel. I went with 1 1/2 hoping it will still be big enough when the snowflake is full grown. It has 3 openings and runs in an L shape between the megaflows with the small piece going towards the front. I will try your idea of using the rocks to surround or partially cover the PVC that extends above the sand.

You might could just glue some coral rock rubble or you could make a mini backward cave. Anything to make it look more like a natural hole. Please update with a picture your creation :D

Leviticus

Added a Mappa Puffer today. I let him drip acclimate for 3 hours and within a few minutes of being placed in the display tank he went on a hunt. He bit at a turbo snail and instantly puffed up half way. After he puffed up I snapped a couple photos with my phone because he also changed colors temporally.

20130521172911.jpg
20130521173128.jpg
20130521185625.jpg