• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • need more live rock

• its horrible

• Total voters

noahfrei

Hey guys im new i just created a 20 gallon saltwater tank! I have 20 lbs of live sand, 12 lbs of live rock, a power head and filter with puregon! Does it sound okay for a start up?

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! I voted yes. Some might tell you that you need more live rock which is possible but in a small tank, the rock takes up a lot of real estate very quickly. You should be able to make up for less live rock with the amount of sand you have and frequent water changes. Look forward to seeing it.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Hey! I voted "kinda" and here's why. I don't know if it's a good setup unless I know which fish you are planning to put in the tank.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi Noah :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary!
I'm kinda like Mayja in that it depends on what you plan to keep in your new tank.
Do you have a "wish" list as to what you want to keep in it?
Is this your 1st SW tank set up?
Hope to see you around RS ....there's lots a good members here to chat with & advise you if you need help.
Thanks for joining & BEST WISHES :biker

chriSMRT

Hey man!

I just recently started a 20 gal reef too- post some pics of yours!
I wish I could give you my opinion but being a noob myself I don't want to stick the old foot in the old piehole. I can tell you though that everyone on here will readily give you some great advice; I wouldn't be where I am now without the help of the awesome people on this board :)