130 Wiring

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Minor brainstorm - supposedly the lights won't come on if the fans are bad. Maybe check those connections first.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Good point Terry - I have read... if the fans don't work, the lights won't either...

oh... and when you get it sorted, we would love to see you start a tank thread & share your tank with us

JohnA8898

Yep, it did work and a loose wire is likely, but now I'm not so sure this wiring is even safe. I'd be happy just to wire it as it was originally and disconnect the LED strip.
What happens now, is that the main lights won't come on and the LED strip just flashes.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Sounds like the LED strip hookup may be where the problem is, but I'm only y guessing. Is that a extra added LED strip? The stock tank only has a couple LED moonlights (someone correct me if I'm wrong - I haven't had the stock hood in years).

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Can you get a pic of the underside of the hood - in one picture it looks like there may be at least one Aquaray strip under there.

JohnA8898

Yeah, that's right, the two small LED lights are disconnected and there's a large strip sat there. The top of it is in the picture. The LED wiring is so integrated, that I can@t tell what was supposed to be there originally!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Yeah, that's right, the two small LED lights are disconnected and there's a large strip sat there. The top of it is in the picture. The LED wiring is so integrated, that I can@t tell what was supposed to be there originally!

Thanks John. I'm not sure where to go next, other than follow the Aquaray wires and be sure they're properly connected.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice find Tom - this must be the picture?

IMG_2746%20(Large).JPG

Sure looks a lot neater than the wiring in the used/modded hood!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Right, new hood it is then!

I hope you can locate one. If you get a new one maybe you can figure out how to restore the new one, and sell that one to get some money back. But, if you're like me you just want to get a working hood on the tank, rather than taking it apart to look.