130 and Nem's

Gavin1110

Has anyone successfully kept an nem in a 130?

Since I've upgraded my lights I've considered keeping one for my clown since he hosts in things he shouldn't and is getting beat up because of it.

I know they run the risk of nuking the tank and are difficult but would a 4x 24w aquatic life fixture with ATI bulbs be sufficient? (2 blue+, 1 AQBlue, 1 Purple+)

Monkeyboy

I kept a bubbletip for a little while and it done extremely well. In fact it done that well I had to take it back to the lfs because it out grew my tank lol.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Majanos & Aiptasia! Seriously, the smallest I'm aware of are the mini and the maxi-mini - beautiful colors, but they don't have long tentacles and I don't think they host clowns. There's also the flower anemones, but they typically don't host either. The Bubble Tips are the smallest I'm aware of.

TonyV

Gavin I have one in my tank with the exact light fixture and bulbs you list out. It's done very well for over a year and has grown significantly.

jessegarcia28

I have a rbta and its doing very well, but the only thing that worries me is that it moved twice already...
here a pic taken three weeks ago rbta at the bottom
DSC04903.jpg

Now it moved to the top (current pic)
DSC05152.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Beautiful nem ! I have always loved nems, but one thing that has always kept me from getting one, is their ability to get up & move and sometime to places we don't want them - can you imagine if all our corals could do that, nems will move till they find thier happy place & they get to pick it we don't - that is one down side, the other being they can grow huge. Nems also need mature tanks or often die (just pointing that out for anyone new not done thier homework), he is so pretty - makes since he made the trip up top for more light - all the best of luck with him !

You tank is very Pretty !

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I'd love to have a nem, but as Glenn said they can move around too much for me. I've seen a couple that have been sucked into grates and powerheads and I'm also afraid of that happening. On the other hand, they usually survive that happening.